If you buy a new strap for your canvas pochette ....

P-B

Jan 15, 2008
Do you get bothered by the difference in patina between the strap and the tab that says "Louis Vuitton Paris made in "? I hate virgin vachetta so I've been putting this off. But I finally ordered a new strap for my pochette b/c the old one split :yucky: was also and very, very dark brown. The patina on the tab is also very dark brown. Will it look stupid when I put that new strap on? Maybe I should wipe the tab down with baby wipes to lighten it a bit ...

Do you get bothered by the difference in patina between the strap and the tab that says "Louis Vuitton Paris made in "? I hate virgin vachetta so I've been putting this off. But I finally ordered a new strap for my pochette b/c the old one split :yucky: was also and very, very dark brown. The patina on the tab is also very dark brown. Will it look stupid when I put that new strap on? Maybe I should wipe the tab down with baby wipes to lighten it a bit ...

It wouldn't bother me. I think your idea of wiping the tab down with baby wipes sounds great. I use a leather conditioner to even out the patina and the baby wipes would help as well. Your Pouchette would look much better with a new strap. I wouldn't want a very, very dark brown and a damaged strap. :smile:

It wouldn't bother me. I think your idea of wiping the tab down with baby wipes sounds great. I use a leather conditioner to even out the patina and the baby wipes would help as well. Your Pouchette would look much better with a new strap. I wouldn't want a very, very dark brown and a damaged strap. :smile:

Yeah, I probably would have kept it if it was just dark, but I wouldn't be caught dead with a split strap, lol. So I had to change it. Thanks for your input.

Yeah, I probably would have kept it if it was just dark, but I wouldn't be caught dead with a split strap, lol. So I had to change it. Thanks for your input.

You're welcome! Post a pic later if you may, as I would like to see if there's a "big" difference with a new strap. Glad we learned about the "magic" of the baby wipes and the Appleguard conditioner. :yes: