If you are the RM collector.. what are the MUST-HAVE in your collection

ivysun

Sep 21, 2006
I didn't start my RM obsession until around april/may this year, so I am sort of a step behind to get the earlier bags. I am trying to start a collection or RMs and would love to know what are the MUST-Have bags (new or old) for a collector, so I will keep my eye out for them on ebay. Thanks!:P

Several bags that I have (will get) and keeping for sure (probably will never be selling) now are:

Light grey matinee, dark grey matinee, Tangerine MAM, Iris Nikki, Iris MAM w/Purple Lizard, Seagreen MAM...

Last edited:
Everyone seems to love the chocolate nikki but I think it really depends on what you love, if you were really collecting you would have one of each of her bags and a variety of colors.

For me it was a kelly mam which I got but now RM is re-issuing kelly in a nikki.

if i were collecting, i would want the classics:
BBW MAB
Wine MAM
Royal Brown MAM
Dark Grey Nikki or Chocolate Nikki
that Concord Nikki may end up being a classic-- the leather looks delish!!!

my preference are for neutrals. i do love RM colors, but i'm not sure if all of them would stand the test of time.

if i were collecting, i would want the classics:
BBW MAB
Wine MAM
Royal Brown MAM
Dark Grey Nikki or Chocolate Nikki
that Concord Nikki may end up being a classic-- the leather looks delish!!!

my preference are for neutrals. i do love RM colors, but i'm not sure if all of them would stand the test of time.

I doubt the Concord Nikki will become a classic. It is so close to night blue nikki and there wasn't much sought after for that.

My classics would be:
BBW MAB
Black with Blue Stamp MAB
Wine Nikki
Chocolate Nikki

The original MAM BBW w/ fleur-de-lis lining was beautiful. I sold it, but it had the original black leather (which was baby-bottom soft) and that beautiful lining.

On November, I will be ordering my first 2 RM bags listed below. I hope I am not too late when time comes but I think I am already too late for the last 2 on the list below.

These are a few of the many RM bags I would love to have:
1. Wine Nikki
2. BBW MAM
3. Sage MAM
4. Navy Luxe Nikki in Old Pebbled Leather

I am a Matinee girl. I do have a MAB but I don't love it like I do my Matties.
I will keep adding colors to my collection as much as I can.
Also want to add a navy luxe Nikki to my collection soon ;)

ITA w/pursegrl...that's a well crafted list! I would just adjust #3 a bit to include the chocolate stonewash, and include the Nikki model there, too.

My other question would be if the Wine bags would be considered collector's items more if they have original or new HW, what kind of wine leather we are talking about (the newer leather or the previous gradient leather), and what sort of linings they have. I have a sense that as time goes on the original MA clutches will become more valued among collectors as well.

Personally, since I actually use all of my bags, I prefer that the bags have the improved handles, which means that they would not have the gorgeous older linings, or, in the specific case of the wine leather, the gradient color that I actually favor. That's an interesting thing about collecting bags -- unlike many collections, people tend to actually use what collect (at least many of us do...and this of course is up to one's personal preference). I have never "collected" anything besides bags for this very reason.

Last edited:
Oh, nice thread! This is fun :P

Here is what I currently have:
-Morning After Bag in Nickel "Pink"
-Nikki in Wine

HERE IS WHAT I HOPE TO GET IN THE FUTURE!
(My dream "collection")
-Sage or Blue Stonewashed MAM
-Cloud Grey MAM
-Tangerine MAM
-White Wash/Rose Gold Matinee
-Rose Clutch in Gold Crackle