If you add it all up.........

chanelbaby

Jul 2, 2006
If you add it all up how much do you think your entire Chanel collection is worth in US $?

Since 2004 I think I have spent about 14000 USD, wow that figure scares me abit! better get back on the ban quick!

I actually keep a inventory.

All of the stuff I bought totals about $18,000. OMG. That scares me. That is pre-tax and pre Nov 1st increase prices! Now, the number would be closer to $19,000 if I had bought some of those things after the increase. And that was only since this June of '07. errr.....

^Me either! I have found it is harder to sell them than buy them (too much potential fraud and you never get what you paid even to an honest buyer) so from now on it is well thought out purchases only.

^Mhmm.. I don't buy anything that I don't absolutely love. If I have to think about it and try it on a million times to see if I *like* it, I just let it go.

For instance, I liked the satin melrose cabas in navy, but I wasn't in LOVE with the hardware so I didn't buy it. I don't buy something that I have to convince myself I'll wear or that I'll like. I don't plan on reselling any of my bags unless I was absolutely THAT strapped for cash. The only way I think I'd make a profit or sell at cost is if I sold one of my jumbos. Especially with the price increases.. I bought my patent jumbo for under 2k, and now it's selling for $2,395. I'm not the type to resell on eBay though. I hear too many horror stories.

If u didn't set up this thread, i didn't know how much i've spent my chanel collection for this yr (from May-Nov), total in USD is $8730

OMG! I realised i'm really broke.....i can even buy one birkin JPG...sigh!!