If ur buying BBags, where do u economize?

I used to buy tons of clothes and shoes, constantly. That expense is now almost non-existent. I've generally cut back on all spending, I eat out for lunch much less, no facials/massages/pampering sessions, etc. I haven't been able to cut back on buying boots, my other affliction, but I don't spend very much on them. I search for bargains and mostly keep costs to just under $100 a pair. I've also sold many things from my closet. So much of my gigantic wardrobe is brand new stuff with tags still on them that I will never wear. So I've been selling them:smile:. It's been cathartic.:amuse:

i shop at foodmaxxx (really cheap grocery chain in california), buy the cheap gas, pack a lunch to school and work, and... gasp... buy my clothes at the nordstrom rack, neiman's last call, or ebay stores.

No facials/massages.. No more Guccis.. Thank god due to the nature of my work, i only wear black & navy blue colors clothes.. therefore, I dont need to buy clothes every season. Sometime just a new coat or a new pair of slack. No fancy jewelry for me, just my simple platinum wedding ring.

Seahorseinstripes, I find it hard to part with my Bbags :sad: . I need to sell some of it.. my closet is getting full.. many of them I still havent wear it once:nuts: ..arrrgg.. I need to go to Bbags rehab:shame:

Since I am no longer working in the corporate field, I do not have to buy suits and work clothes (major expense). Also, I do not get my nails done or get massages.

I spend less on clothes and fortunately I'm not into buying a lot of shoes. I try to be very smart about the pieces I do buy, find some good deals, and try to be creative in wearing the clothes I already have in new ways. I ask for bags for presents, whereas I used to frequently ask for jewelry. I also sell current bags and sometimes clothes (designer jeans do quite well on ebay) to buy new bags.

You girls have given me some great ideas to keep the bags coming:

1) Wear t-shirts and jeans (this is an easy look that goes well with BBags)
2) Buy drugstore cosmetics (awesome idea, and I was just about to replace my $28 mascara, and now I'll go to Duane Reade and get Great Lash)
3) Don't eat out a lot (at least don't pay for it!)
4) Accept party invitations and attend family events for free drinks and food (and of course to display a BBag!)
5) Shop the sale racks and discount stores first to see if they have what you need and put a reasonable limit on purchases (no more $400 sandals!)
6) Don't take a job that requires you wear a suit (no problem there, I'm a dog trainer)
7) Walk to your destination (what better way than to see the sunlight on your bag?), and stick to public transportation if the weather is bad or it's too far to walk
8) Do your nails/facials at home
9) Sell clothes/bags you're not using to raise $
10) Be creative with your closet to avoid unnecessary purchases

Okay, I'm down with that! I'll let you know how it goes...