if u want a flap do you have to order it or you have to reserve it?

giorgina

O.G.
Oct 3, 2009
Italy
hello ladies can you please tell me what to do? I want to buy a flap now I dont know which one tle M/L size or S/M size so 2 weeks ago I called the boutique and the sa told me that there was a waiting list so I put my name on the list after few day she called me I went there but the M/L with silver hardware didnt like it than I saw the S/M with gold chain well in the end I didnt take any bag.I just would like to go to the boutique (venice italy) and choose which one I like most I would like to see the S/M and the M/L size in silver hardware and gold hardware but the sa said that its impossible as she can just reserve only one bag why I can I chooce it if I dont know which one I like most? the fact is that I live outside venice and the sa said that as soon the bags arrived they sell fast soooo what can I do its impossible to see all the bags so I might take the M/L size Is the S/M too small? Im sooo confused I just see those bags in the pictures as in this small village were I live I dont see any chanel flaps Thanks ladies please what can I do?

Oct 1, 2012
giorgina said:
hello ladies can you please tell me what to do? I want to buy a flap now I dont know which one tle M/L size or S/M size so 2 weeks ago I called the boutique and the sa told me that there was a waiting list so I put my name on the list after few day she called me I went there but the M/L with silver hardware didnt like it than I saw the S/M with gold chain well in the end I didnt take any bag.I just would like to go to the boutique (venice italy) and choose which one I like most I would like to see the S/M and the M/L size in silver hardware and gold hardware but the sa said that its impossible as she can just reserve only one bag why I can I chooce it if I dont know which one I like most? the fact is that I live outside venice and the sa said that as soon the bags arrived they sell fast soooo what can I do its impossible to see all the bags so I might take the M/L size Is the S/M too small? Im sooo confused I just see those bags in the pictures as in this small village were I live I dont see any chanel flaps Thanks ladies please what can I do?
Do u know which flap u want?

I can introduce you an SA if u live in the USA

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
Apr 13, 2012
Hi,
The small is pretty small, so you probably would want the M/L. You can see photos of the bags in the Classic Flap library section of the Chanel thread, and also you can look in the other library sections to see photos of people wearing the various sizes of bags. Ditto for many "Reveal" threads. Since you live in a small village in Italy outside Venice, this would probably be the best way to see them on other people.

You can get an idea of the hardware you like the best by looking at any size of bag. Some prefer gold, and others silver. Personally, I prefer silver in my bags (all but one are silver), but others strongly prefer gold, so I really feel this is a personal preference.

Since you didn't like the M/L with silver hardware, perhaps you are one who will prefer the gold. How did you think the small with the gold chain looked?

Hope this helps.

lallybelle

O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
NYC
Sometimes it's hard to see all the sizes at once. They usually sell out fast so the boutique may not have every combo to compare. You said you didn't take the M/L SHW because you didn't like it. So you are probably not going to like a Small in SHW either. You also said you saw a Small with GHW? If you saw both HW and both sizes even if not every combination you should have some idea which size or HW you liked better?

Emerilla

O.G.
Mar 10, 2009
I'm from Italy and I purchased from the boutique in Venice before, so I know what you mean. The way Chanel works in Italy is very different compared to how it is in the States and other countries. Here SAs are not allowed to email you pictures or reserve more than one bag at a time for you so what I do is get as much info as possible online ( TPF is a fantastic tool and helped me a great deal ) then I start calling all boutiques in Italy for availability and purchase via "vendita a distanza" as I'm unable to visit all boutiques personally. Why don't you try doing the same thing? Unfortunately we only have a few Chanel boutiques in Italy and with so may tourists visiting all year round, as soon as they get new shipments in, they sell super fast. Good luck finding your dream bag.