If this was your Amethyst City, would you keep it?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Girls- I'm hoping you can help me out with this...Last week, I received my Amethyst City from BalLA and I was so pleased with how it looked. However, upon closer examination today, I noticed that the leather is pulled really tightly around one of the rivets on the front right side of the bag. It looks super wrinkled and prune-like, and I'm afraid that it might crack or peel in an instant! When I touch the leather in that area, it feels fine, but I just hate to see it looking like this! I've yet to carry this beauty, and every other aspect of her is beautiful...but if this was your new Bbag, would you keep her? Or would you take her back? In some lighting I can barely notice it at all, but other times it really stands out to me. I wonder if I might be overreacting to the situation, but I'd like to hear all of your thoughts on this... TIA :crybaby:

With flash:
    [​IMG]

Without Flash:
    [​IMG]

Full Body Shots with flash:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I think your amethyst city is beautiful.
    But if this bothers you, it's always going to stay in your head. I would advise you to exchange this for another amethyst city. :smile:

3. I probably wouldn't have noticed it, but I agree with Princessimp that if it's going to bother you, you should exchange it. It is lovely, though!

4. It sounds like it bothers you quite a lot. The only way to get it out of your system is to "trying to change it". You will probably end up like this one most and keep it, but then you'll know you've tried your best and enjoy this baby in peace :smile:

Oh, and your bag looks absolutely fine and very beautiful in my opinion. Best luck!

5. i agree, this will always bug you, if not 100% happy then change it

6. hmmm, i don't think it would bother me.. but i think that if you're not happy with it, exchange it! especially for paying that kind of money!

7. It wouldn't bug me... but if it upsets you enough to take time to take pictures, etc... it's obviously bothersome to you. I would return and get one you think is perfect :tup:

8. I agree with the majority here...If you are not 100% satisfied then I would exchange it for another Amethyst! It will stand out to you like the commercial where the guy has the stain on his shirt and the stain is yelling the whole time.
    So if it were me I would exchange it for another, that is a lot of money to spend on something that you are not totally happy with! KWIM?

BTW, the Amethyst City is TDF!!:drool:

9. It has such smooth, non distressed leather I don't know if you'd find another as nice IMO. But I can see how it would bother you...I know how irritating it can be to have one tiny aspect of a bag bug you and in retrospect I wish I had exchanged some bags in the past.

10. Doesn't bug me either. But I would moisturize at least the problem area so that it gives the leather some stretching ability to make sure it won't crack/peel etc. Leather has more tendency to crack when it's dry.

The bag looks really decent! I would keep it if you like that type of smoother leather. Absolutely!

11. It wouldn't bother me - I have several that are like that. I think that in manufacturing the handle, it might be difficult not to have it become like that.

That said, if this really bothers you, you should exchange it. I think it's gorgeous though. Very saturated!

12. Thank you all for your advice! I think I'm going to suck it up and ignore my bag's little imperfection. I guess it really isn't that big of a deal.. I just have this huge fear of the leather peeling off one day:shocked:, but I guess that's not very likely to happen!

Thanks again for the help and the compliments:flowers:

13. hmm... to be honest, i don't even see what the issue is?

i've looked and looked and looked and your bag looks amazing!

i don't say this to argue with you- but to show how oblivious to the error I am!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

14. I think its beautiful but if it will bother you I would exchange for another one... :flowers:

15. This color is really beautiful. If it bothers you exchange it.