If there was one brand to lure you away from BE...

I have just sold all my RM's and have replaced them all with BE's. IMHO I prefer the quality of the BE over RM and I find BE to be more unique. There have been some quality issues posted in the RM forum and I was not completely happy myself with the quality of the RM's I had. BTW I had 2 mini Nikki's a Nikki and 3 MAMs. I now have one mini Nikki. I have 3 BE's, one I gave to my daughter which she loves and I have 2 myself and one on order.

What would it be?

Currently for me it would be Rebecca Minkoff...

I currently own BE, Mulberry and LV. Go figure.
I love the classic English good looks of Mulberry.
I have three LV that I cherish and use.
And I LOVE my BE's. I don't look at any other brands...
Well...I better take that back. I really like YSL handbags...but I don't even "go there" because I don't like the price at all. I truly cannot justify spending that much on a handbag.

Bottega Veneta. I have never owned one as I can't "go there" like TG pointed out, but if I could, I so would. My other bags are LV, Tods, and Tano.

I have strayed into BV territory :sneaky: and seem to have acquired a medium Veneta in ebano. Also like YSL (either a large muse or a medium downtown) but the handle lengths keep putting me off! Probably just as well ....

If anything were to pull me away from BE, it would probably be clothing or jewelry.

I love Rebecca Minkoff bags, but I've already acquired most of what I could see myself carrying. I may add a few new styles here and there, but for the most part, I am done.

Other than that, I can't find a single bag designer or house that produces bags I consistently love.

I love Chloe (my first love) and Bal.
I have recently spotted the Nikki by RM and all i can say is that i URGENTLY need one of these...
Dior's Gaucho is also calling my name, but it is way to expensive for me at the moment...

I think for me clothing, makeup and Coach pull me away from BE. As for Coach they are cheaper (not as nice) but sell really well on ebay. I have a BE bag right now on ebay that isn't selling. I love BE but I feel like they are hard to sell. Also I love clothes so when the seasons change I am always putting my bag addictions on hold for clothes!

chloe or balenciaga maybe? I like soft smooshy leathers. I have a paddy and adore it and could very well see myself getting another.. (jeans moyen hopefully?) I don't have any bal bags but I love the city style...

IGNES has replaced my love for BE and I have been selling off my BEs to get some funds for my new Ignes bags.

BE bags are gorgeous, but the delicate nature of the glossy leathers bother me. Also the fact that customs cost an arm and a leg, I'm just not so much into BE anymore. With Ignes, you can get individualized bespokes, customizations, there are TONS of leathers/suded linings to choose from and they take care of the customs charges, with free shipping at the fraction of the cost of BE.

That said, I will be keeping my purple SMM and LMM since the purple is TDF!!

Last edited:
I am not a committed brand person - see my avatar. I have Chanel, BE, Dior, LV, D&G, Miu Miu, Hogan, Hayden-Harnett, Marc Jacobs, Rafe fabric clutches, L.A.M.B. and I just ordered two Ignes bags.

God, I'm a bag _____! :nogood:

I have to say that if the Ignes bags are as good as they look to be, that would probably be the brand to pull me away. I hope they are always able to create the individual bespoke bags. That is an incredible service!