If karl suddenly was no longer at chanel

Hanae

O.G.
May 12, 2012
Do you think our bags would still have a worth?

I mean I love chanel but Karl has been able to make la maison shine like no other.
And I was thinking he's not getting any younger.
Some houses have seen drops in sales and value when their star stylist was no longer there.
Do you think chanel would also see their value drop!?
I'm not trying to stir things just for your own humble opinion!
I wish Karl the best of health and happiness with choupette.

Salut Hanae:smile:

I personally think no one is irreplaceable, no matter how good they are... a good thing can always be made better! The quality of bags has really declined, if anything I'd hope for that aspect to be bettered.
Karl will always be a legend, sure, but I'm not sure the value will go down if he is no longer at the head of Chanel... afterall, in the very very very end, Chanel = Coco. :smile:

I personally think no one is irreplaceable, no matter how good they are... a good thing can always be made better! The quality of bags has really declined, if anything I'd hope for that aspect to be bettered.
Karl will always be a legend, sure, but I'm not sure the value will go down if he is no longer at the head of Chanel... afterall, in the very very very end, Chanel = Coco. :smile:

I agree swou! Someone wrote the other day (can't remember the site), that Karl was the only designer of his generation who did not have his own line as successful as the others.

^ I can't agree more!!!

Karl wasn't what attracted me to Chanel, so the love won't go away when he's no longer with the company (hopefully he will continue on for many, many years with good health). I also love Dior bags, and that hasn't changed no matter who was at the helm. The brand is what is important; anyone smart who is running a company understands this and won't mess with anything truly iconic. :smile: If anything, we might have a new clasp to look forward to in the distant future when Karl is no longer around, like we got when he took over (the CC lock).

I worry more about all of the hand artistry that goes into the couture clothing; so many arts are dying out, that I really hope they can find and train others to continue on these great traditions.

Karl has had a tremendously successful career and is truly a legend. I do believe the House of Chanel will survive and flourish for generations to come even when Karl no longer designs for Chanel.

I think Karl is very successful and that there is someone out there who would breathe new life into the clothing designs and the handbag designs. But whoever replaces him will have to be selected very carefully by Chanel. Isn't there a rumour about if Karl ever leaves (or you know... passes) that Haider Akermann will take over? I hope its just a rumour though... his designs are not exactly my cup of tea! Lol ;)

well I will be as sad or even more than when ghesquire is replaced my wang, I like Karl's eccentricity and he did bring a lot of live on the show.
I don't always love his choices like when he started to endorse celebrities like Blake lively but he himself is one hell of a character and that's what's hard to replace

KL shines brightest in the haute couture collection. The house will have a difficult time having someone go the distance as Lagerfeld has. Even Hermes rotates designers and how many times have I read I sure wish JPG was still at the helm?!! Perhaps enough money, perks can buy the longevity but no doubt it will be interesting to see the future of Chanel after KL.

I've thought the limited purses that have KL's signature inside may become very highly valued at some point in the future, but it is anyone's guess. Kind-da like playing the stock market.