If it's not a "Not a Plastic bag", what do you carry your groceries in?

I have a random assortment of bags. For impromptu trips, I use an EZ Bag (bought at local museum store) that I try to always carry with me; small planned trips bring out my Envirosax; large grocery store runs bring out the rest of the bags (random assortment, mostly free from trade shows).

I use the blue Kroger shopping bags and carry 8 of them with me every trip.

They cost $1.99 each and the grocery pays you 5 cents per bag each time you use them.

Attachments

• kroger_1.jpeg
    kroger_1.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 29
funkylala.com carries the beau tote.
beau_bag.jpg

expensive for a tote $44 but they donate a portion to charity - which is cool.
http://www.funkylala.com/images/beau_bag.jpg

i've seen a couple of these around.
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg

And really, please stop using plastic bags wherever you can. Use paper, or a fun tote(s) instead... if you are posting on this message board you obviously love bags... take this as just an excuse to carry more cute bags than just one.

I have a cardboard box in my car (or if I forget it I take one from their box bin) and put my groceries in that and carry them in the house in the box, unload them and then reuse the box next time!

When I visited my cousin in Germany, this was what his wife always did. I have to climb 3 flights so the reusable store bags with the handles work well for me especially since I can put them over my shoulder.:tup:

Please stop using plastic! They're such a litter problem, even if you reuse them! Sadly, some people call them the "national flower" in South Africa because they're so prevalent. GREAT THREAD.

I used to get a LOT of groceries, so I thought I could never "bring my own bags" cause I wouldn't have enough. However, I fit 12 plastic bags worth of stuff in my 4 (or 5 if I have lots of stuff!) reuseable bags. I've been using them for over 2 years. I got three of them at Ikea (BIG and STRONG) and two of them at Hannaford, a grocery store up here in New England. I get 5 cents every time I use them. So... I've saved up some money, too! (Perhaps this will mean a new coach wristlet... :smile:

Pretty Ikea and Hannaford bags:
canvasBag.jpg

I am "designing" a tote for an artist-series benefit at Open Space Gallery in Beacon, NY. Maybe I will post pictures of it when I am done.

The opening will be April 12th from 6-9pm if there is anyone interested. The proceeds will go to the Hudson River Sloop Clearwater.

I'll try to remember to bump this later.