If it's meant to be........

Cocolo

~NiceGirl My Butt!~
O.G.
Sep 24, 2010
I firmly believe if a bag is meant to be yours, it will be yours. Off the top of my head, this is the 4th such case.

Back in August, I saw a Cobalt Blue Treesje Asher on Bonanza. The pictures weren't that good, the walls looked yellow that should have been white, turns out they were green in reality, so you can imagine the color being off. Seller also had black Alligator Asher, same picture quality.

I wrote asking a few questions, feeling sure I would be choosing and buying one. Next day Blue is gone. I was soooo tempted to snatch the black alligator out of fear, but I had really been leaning toward the blue. I kept watching the Black, but stumbled upon a carried once RM MAM in Grape Alligator, super rare, so I jumped on that.

Week or so later, the blue Asher is back. Much higher price, but having just gotten a bag, I wasn't buying. Blue bag disappears again. Black disappears. Few weeks later Blue comes back. Black comes back. I'm wondering what the fudge is going on.

I keep watching Bonanza and finally the blue is back, (the price had kept fluctuating) now it's higher again, and I'm ready to buy another bag. So I wrote again, telling her I had written back in August, and asked if the condidtion had changed, and I politely asked if she didn't mind, could she tell me a little of the history of the bag because I had seen it popping up and disappearing repeatedly. Also, was the price firm, because it was higher than it was when I first wrote asking about color.

O.M.G. I got back a note telling me she travels and when she is not there to monitor her listings she removes all her bags. (Ok, flaw in this because while the blue disappeared often the black was still up, but big deal.) Then she said she was so tired of this she removed both ashers and would donate them or carry them herself.

I felt like I poked a sleeping bear. So, resigned to not get the bag, I move on. a week ago, a blue asher, pops up on Ebay, different state, different pictures and super low starting price. 10 dollars shipping. Problem is seller has 4 feedback for selling 50 dollar items, not purse related. 100 or so feedback as a buyer. I send a note asking about imperfections etc, she says no imperfections, carried for a total of 2 hours when she took it to Church and decided too big for her. I wait and wait, no bids, finally I popped in my bid about 3 hours before the auction ends, and went to sleep.

Woke up monday morning, I won with the first bid. the asking price of 170. Wednesday morning my Cobalt Blue Asher, with the black and white feather lining is on my arm, in perfect, brand new condition.

Moral of the story....if the bag is to be, it will come to you. Just be patient and keep good thoughts.

oh, btw, I absolutely love it, and saved 100$ from the magical disappearing Bonanza bag.:biggrin:

Congratulations! Let's see some pictures!! I recently had a similar experience with a Rebecca Minkoff old school Concorde Nikki. I wanted the bag for a long time and whenever I would see it on Ebay/Bonz, it would be way out of my price range or not in good condition. And a couple of months ago one popped up on Ebay with a great price but not so great pictures. I asked for more pictures, but the quality wasn't great still cuz they were cell pics. I took a chance and ended up with a brand new bag for a great price!

That's wonderful. I'll post pics over the weekend, I mashed up my foot in a fall and I'm taking it easy. lol.

The strangest thing, this morning after I posted about getting my bag, both bags I wrote about were put back on Bonanza. I'm thinking maybe she just didn't like me or my questions. :shrugs: But I just got a creepy feeling that she's a member and saw I had my bag so it was safe to relist.

But back to topic, the members here helped me find a sample RM that I lost an auction on Ebay for. I was so sure it was my bag, then at the last moment someone swooped in and outbid me. I was shocked. I searched all over for another, I asked the RM team who said that bag was a sample.

Then 9 months later I got a bunch of messages, was that the bag that just popped up? I followed their links, and sure enough it was the same bag. The buyer said it was too big for her, and remembered me hoped I would see and get the bag. And, she sold it to me for my last bid, and she ate the shipping.

And two other instances, but yes, we manage to get the bags we were meant to have. Maybe it's like that with all things in life?

I hope the Ashers listed now find happy homes, and the seller is pleased as well. Peace and happiness to all. :smile:

Congrats on that Nikki. I have the Concord in the MAB, black and white dash lining, and I love the leather. The color is awesome. It's great you got a new one. Don't you love the bags that people buy but don't click with? They end up being sold much later, still new, stuffed and protected in a safe place. It's like they're just waiting for us to find them and bring them home. I'd love to see pics of your Nikki as well. next to the Magnolia, the Nikki is my fave bag. God do I love the Magnolias

That's wonderful. I'll post pics over the weekend, I mashed up my foot in a fall and I'm taking it easy. lol.

The strangest thing, this morning after I posted about getting my bag, both bags I wrote about were put back on Bonanza. I'm thinking maybe she just didn't like me or my questions. :shrugs: But I just got a creepy feeling that she's a member and saw I had my bag so it was safe to relist.

But back to topic, the members here helped me find a sample RM that I lost an auction on Ebay for. I was so sure it was my bag, then at the last moment someone swooped in and outbid me. I was shocked. I searched all over for another, I asked the RM team who said that bag was a sample.

Then 9 months later I got a bunch of messages, was that the bag that just popped up? I followed their links, and sure enough it was the same bag. The buyer said it was too big for her, and remembered me hoped I would see and get the bag. And, she sold it to me for my last bid, and she ate the shipping.

And two other instances, but yes, we manage to get the bags we were meant to have. Maybe it's like that with all things in life?

I hope the Ashers listed now find happy homes, and the seller is pleased as well. Peace and happiness to all. :smile:

Congrats on that Nikki. I have the Concord in the MAB, black and white dash lining, and I love the leather. The color is awesome. It's great you got a new one. Don't you love the bags that people buy but don't click with? They end up being sold much later, still new, stuffed and protected in a safe place. It's like they're just waiting for us to find them and bring them home. I'd love to see pics of your Nikki as well. next to the Magnolia, the Nikki is my fave bag. God do I love the Magnolias

That is strange that both bags were relisted, maybe the seller is just a little weird.

I think I remember your hunt for the sample sale bag, ladies on TPF are always so helpful!

My Nikki has the black and white floral lining and siggie HW. I love it so much, I used it for a month straight recently. It is only my second Nikki, the first one ended up being sold because it was in a light color and I was always worried about it being dirty and for some reason the bag didn't feel comfy to me. I haven't had a problem with Concorde though.

And I love Magnolias, too. Speaking of magnolias, do you know what happened to the Aster Alice store?

That is strange that both bags were relisted, maybe the seller is just a little weird.

I think I remember your hunt for the sample sale bag, ladies on TPF are always so helpful!

My Nikki has the black and white floral lining and siggie HW. I love it so much, I used it for a month straight recently. It is only my second Nikki, the first one ended up being sold because it was in a light color and I was always worried about it being dirty and for some reason the bag didn't feel comfy to me. I haven't had a problem with Concorde though.

And I love Magnolias, too. Speaking of magnolias, do you know what happened to the Aster Alice store?

It says it's working on becoming a better purse store, but I just wish it would hurry up and come back. I don't think they'd keep the domain if they weren't coming back. I left a miss you and waiting for you patiently message on their facebook page. Oh God, do I miss their 40% off flash sales.

I don't want to intimate the seller is weird, maybe she just didn't like me. I just thought backs disappearing and coming back meant returns, that's why I asked. But they look like wonderful bags, so believe it or not, I'm almost tempted to just buy the Black Alligator and pay immediately, no contact, no questions. lol. But, a Lilac MAB for Christmas just arrived, the Cobalt Blue was paid for from my mad money so It's mine already.

So if anyone is interested, please don't be hesitant because of my dealings or lack of with this seller. The way they just popped up after I said I bought one, really makes me think she's a member. I did leave off with her - if you ever decide to sell them, please let me know, and she didn't so I really think the problem was with me. I don't think I come off as abrasive, if anything it's too friendly. :supacool:

It says it's working on becoming a better purse store, but I just wish it would hurry up and come back. I don't think they'd keep the domain if they weren't coming back. I left a miss you and waiting for you patiently message on their facebook page. Oh God, do I miss their 40% off flash sales.

I don't want to intimate the seller is weird, maybe she just didn't like me. I just thought backs disappearing and coming back meant returns, that's why I asked. But they look like wonderful bags, so believe it or not, I'm almost tempted to just buy the Black Alligator and pay immediately, no contact, no questions. lol. But, a Lilac MAB for Christmas just arrived, the Cobalt Blue was paid for from my mad money so It's mine already.

So if anyone is interested, please don't be hesitant because of my dealings or lack of with this seller. The way they just popped up after I said I bought one, really makes me think she's a member. I did leave off with her - if you ever decide to sell them, please let me know, and she didn't so I really think the problem was with me. I don't think I come off as abrasive, if anything it's too friendly. :supacool:

I think Aster Alice has been down for over a year and I find it strange that there are no updates on Twitter/Facebook. I miss their sales and Magnolias!

Just a word of caution about your Lilac MAB....I had a Lilac Cupid and it turned blue after a few days of use. This was not denim transfer or anything, the entire bag just slowly turned from lilac to light blue all over. It was the strangest thing. I returned it to RM for store credit. I don't know if the leather on the MAB and Cupid is exactly the same, but I didn't get any lilac after that.

Hmmm, I got the lilac pouch and that's still true lilac color. but it's inside my bag so who knows. My lilac is Amazon, and if it turns blue I feel confident that Amazon will honor things and make it right. I have bought so many purses and pouches from them. I keep going back because of the great customer service, the bags, and the prices. All in the convenience of my recliner. I just wish they had more treesje.

Hmmm, I got the lilac pouch and that's still true lilac color. but it's inside my bag so who knows. My lilac is Amazon, and if it turns blue I feel confident that Amazon will honor things and make it right. I have bought so many purses and pouches from them. I keep going back because of the great customer service, the bags, and the prices. All in the convenience of my recliner. I just wish they had more treesje.

I agree with you about Amazon, customer service is great and so are the prices. Hopefully you will have better luck with your MAB than I did with the Cupid.

It came with a splotchy top, so I'm waiting to hear from them. I might be able to have it fixed, or they might swap it for a different bag. But you know you're in good hands when Amazon is the merchant. I feel like putting them on my Christmas card list.

lol. Was is a nice looking blue?

It was a very light powdery blue, literally just imagine what the lilac would look like if it started getting more light blue. I wasn't a fan because I really wanted a lilac bag, not blue!

Ahh, I fell down the stairs (carrying empty bag boxes :rain::rain: ) a sprained my foot and ankle, so picture taking was not on my list of things to do on crutches. But, I will try and do some today.

In a day or two, it's Haute Look counter point - the Black Embossed Alligator Asher will be here too, and I'll take a few pictures before DH whisks it away for Christmas.

Is the cobalt blue a bright blue? I have a cobalt linea pelle dylan and an electric blue rebecca minkoff mam, so, I'm wondering how similar it is.

Also, how is the leather quality?

I have to find the thread, another Treesje fan posted her Blue from Hautelook, I'll find it when I get back. It was about June or so. This is the blue the woman is selling. I have it too, and the pictures on the thread are exact. be back soon