if gigi

I would say the same, except all the bags I have and like that have zippers are the annoying ones whose zippers have the ability (and tendency) to come all the way unzipped like a jacket....I wish they were all made with zippers like the Legacy Shoulder (and any other styles that have the same close-ended zipper)

In fact I wonder which styles DO have the kind of zipper that I like...hmmm

I would say the same, except all the bags I have and like that have zippers are the annoying ones whose zippers have the ability (and tendency) to come all the way unzipped like a jacket....I wish they were all made with zippers like the Legacy Shoulder (and any other styles that have the same close-ended zipper)

In fact I wonder which styles DO have the kind of zipper that I like...hmmm

The Lily not only has one zipper that you would like, it has two! ;)

You never know....if and when they re-style the Gigi, maybe they'll add a zipper. I personally like the openness of the bag (caz when my bags have zippers, I often leave them open caz I'm too lazy to keep zipping and unzipping:shame:smile:. Did you ever think of a Legacy shoulder bag? They have a similar look and they have zippers. Or a Luci?

I have to say I don't really like to deal with zippers. I much prefer magnetic snaps or turnlock closures...so much easier! I can deal with this too, but the only thing is if the bag folds over, then sometimes whatever you have in the inner slip pockets will slide out!

I like a bag that zips. I am noticing this since I have been carrying my Ergo tote, always afraid something will fall out and with it open I am always dropping one more thing in the bag.
This is not good thing, since the doctor told me I had to lighten my bags and not carry such a heavy purse with my back pain for the ruptured disc that I have.

well i posted this thread last night and hadn't had a chance to take my monthly visit to the boutique....well low and behold i too my visit today and stumbled upon the love of my life! the extra large....it has all that glitters and it's gold!

I actually prefer a zipper, turnlock, or a snap/magnetic closure. I can't stand those dogleash clips and I never use them even when they are on a bag that I love. However, on the Gigi I prefer it the way it is. I'm not sure I'd like it as much with a zipper. Unfortunately, the bag I just ordered for PCE has a dogleash clip and I didn't realize it so I may have to return it. I'll see how I feel when it arrives.

I like my bags that have zippers, too. I guess I like variety, I just trade off when anything about a bag begins to get annoying. On the Gigi, buy a purseket or purse insert that has plenty of pockets then you don't need to use the two slip pockets that Coach provides and nothing will fall out then when the Gigi bends over.