If Audrey Hepburn Liked It....

I'm 5'2 120 lbs and the 25 is the perfect bag. I can fit my wallet, keys, phone, make up bag, water bottle and a bunch of other stuff. The 30 was just too big for me.

I tried on both the 25 and the 30, and it was obvious that I needed the 25! The 30 looked like a doctor/medicine bag on me. I am 5'2" and around 100 pounds. I do like big bags but only on my shoulder... not hanging off my elbow/wrist!

And my 25 can still carry EVERYTHING my much bigger bags do... generally my wallet, phone, makeup bag, keys, and camera. The bag is extremely roomy despite its petite look. It is only the small opening that is a tad inconvenient.

I actually like the look of the 25, but I sold mine years ago and have since bought 30s.

My problem with the 25 is it's functionality. It has such a small opening that it is so hard to get your hand in there and it doesn't hold a lot either.

Although the 30 is bigger and sags it suits my lifestyle better.

I'm 5'0" and heavy - but I wouldn't go over a 25 because anything bigger looks like luggage on me due to my height (or lack of!). It's also the perfect size for what I need to carry and I don't like the look of either overstuffed or half empty bags.

I had a personal debate on this last week that I posted about.
Being petite (and older), I felt like the 30 looked too big, but felt that the 25 looked too young and perhaps too small.
After looking in the mirror with both the 25 and the 30 for the week, I decided that the 25 was actually what I wanted.
So I decided to tie on my Papillon bandeau and enjoy the patina process! I think it was the best decision for me.... ready to enjoy it!

Being petite (and older), I felt like the 30 looked too big, but felt that the 25 looked too young and perhaps too small.
After looking in the mirror with both the 25 and the 30 for the week, I decided that the 25 was actually what I wanted.
So I decided to tie on my Papillon bandeau and enjoy the patina process! I think it was the best decision for me.... ready to enjoy it!

I'm so happy for you!! Congrats!!!!

This is not 25-specific, but the patina process is so fun! My 25 just started turning and I love it!

i think its the modern woman ,on an every day basis my bag is a40cm birkin becasue i need the look and i need the space the birkin does this for me as does the speedy for many women audrey actually used a very large bag for the years in which the smaller lean clutch and petit handbag was in use and i think this is the reason i personally love it on very young thin young women in my case the look has to complete me im tall and thin so a25cm would not cut it audrey wore it as a day bag in a time in which bigger speedys were seen as travel items i guess its all timming and need for differant times .!!!

I like the 25, 30 and 35 all for different reasons! I have a monogramouflage that is the 35 size and I LOVE it, I don't think it looks to big on me at all, and I am definitely a big bag lover! I also own an LE that is 30 and enjoy that as well. The speedy isn't my favorite bag, so I don't own any other than the two LE, but I recently fell in LOVE with the Azur 25. I love the size and think with that pattern the speedy looks absolutely adorable. I'm almost 5'8" and about 125lbs. I don't know if size is a big deal (unless you a super tiny) as much as what you are comfortable carrying. I always think that if you are comfortable carrying the bag that's what people will notice and it will look great on you! I don't know why more people don't carry the 25, but I do agree that it probably has something to do with the big bag trend.

I wear the 25 in both mono and damier and the size is perfect for me and I'm 52 years old, 5' 2-1/2 inches and 103 pounds. The 30 is way too big on my frame and I only use my mono 30 for travel. Bigger is not always better. Sometimes it's just big and saggy. Audrey Hepburn understood class and proportion and understatement. I have seen some tiny women out with the 30 and it honestly looked kind of silly, like the bag was carrying them rather than a part of a classy and pretty whole look. While trends are fun, ultimately you need to look at what truly enhances your look rather than detracts. I do agree that larger women probably need a bigger bag to balance their frame. You do need to try a bag on and be brutally honest with yourself. Don't worry about what people on the forum say. Pick what is pretty on you without any other thoughts in your mind. I love the people on this forum and they are absolutely wonderful and on the whole have lovely taste and are wonderful friends. But at the end of the day, the $700 for a speedy is coming out of my money and I'm going to be loving or not loving my bag, and it's crucial to not be swayed by anyone else's opinon. Pick what looks best on you. Don't even think the number: 25 or 30. Look at the bag on your arm, against your own body. If you're slim and don't carry the kitchen sink though, the 25 is perfect. It's a lovely bag. I do think our society on a whole has gotten much heavier which is why the 30 is probably more purchased now. If you look at the time when Audrey Hepburn was carrrying her bag, women were much slimmer. Even sizes have changed. There is vanity sizing. I wear a zero that twenty years ago would have been a four or a six. A size 10-12 now is much bigger. Just look at the proportion. Even my SA laughs and tells me I look silly with the 30. It's not age, it's your size and frame, what looks classy, understated and beautiful. I think it was Chanel who said to have a style, not be a blind slave to fashion. It's a good lesson. Some of the really oversize bags that are out now just look kind of silly. It's all you notice. Enjoy the trends, but a classic bag, like the LV speedy has a certain look and panache that isn't meant to look like a giant, oversized carpetbag. Be careful not to turn a classic look into a parody if you are really slim and tiny. Then you detract from rather than enhancing your look.

:goodpost: I absolutely agree! Individuality and style are paramount when it comes to the world of fashion! Cater to yourself first and foremost!