If a bag is fake... *on Ebay*

Does that mean that this (for example) would be a lost cause because the seller stuck the word "like" at the end of the title? That really stinks.

If the listing alluded to LeSportsac but the bag did not have any LeSportsac markings, that's actually allowed... The listing linked to the above quote is not allowed. If the item carries any trademarked logos and is not authentic, file a claim with paypal.

Did you use your credit card through Pay Pal? If so, there is not such thing as a final sale. If you can show you returned it your credit card will side with you...unless of course someone does it every week...which you are not.

I'd file the SNAD - Significantly not as described through Pay Pay--and if they reject it go through your credit card. Remember you only have 45 days to contact Pay Pal. Also, don't just wait for the seller to reply..immediately escalate it to a claim.

It is illegal & against Ebay rules to sell any fakes. For example, if a fake Chloe paddington was just listed as a 'paddington' but arrived & had Chloe written all over it, the seller has just committed a federal offence. All fakes are looked upon badly by the manufacturer, and any reputable seller should NOT sell them.

I am pretty sure that "tokidoki' is a registered trademark of Le Sportsac, and if anybody is pretending their bags are tokidoki, they are selling a fake.

The first thing I would do is email the buyer, telling them I thought I was buying a genuine Tokidoki. If they are unable to refund, I would then contact Paypal, and also file an FBI charge, as sending a fake is an illegal offense. If the seller WILL take it back, make sure you send it back by USPS WITH delivery confirmation - this will ensure that you have all your evidence if they don't refund.

Finally, if you paid with a credit card, call up your provider & get their advice. They may be able to help you with a fake.

Good luck!

It is illegal & against Ebay rules to sell any fakes. For example, if a fake Chloe paddington was just listed as a 'paddington' but arrived & had Chloe written all over it, the seller has just committed a federal offence. All fakes are looked upon badly by the manufacturer, and any reputable seller should NOT sell them.

I am pretty sure that "tokidoki' is a registered trademark of Le Sportsac, and if anybody is pretending their bags are tokidoki, they are selling a fake.

The first thing I would do is email the buyer, telling them I thought I was buying a genuine Tokidoki. If they are unable to refund, I would then contact Paypal, and also file an FBI charge, as sending a fake is an illegal offense. If the seller WILL take it back, make sure you send it back by USPS WITH delivery confirmation - this will ensure that you have all your evidence if they don't refund.

Finally, if you paid with a credit card, call up your provider & get their advice. They may be able to help you with a fake.

Good luck!
I used a Debit Card through Paypal.

If your debit card has the mastercard or visa sign on it I *think* that you get the same level of protection as a cc (but don't quote me on this). I would call them & check.

However, a chargeback should be your last move, after doing the following:

1. Contacting seller & asking for refund including shipping

2. Contacting Paypal & filing a SNAD (significantly not as described) claim

If your seller is a decent one, they may wish to protect their feedback & good standing on ebay by taking back the product. Ebay seems to be cracking down on sellers that have bad feedback & claims against them at the moment.

Does that mean that this (for example) would be a lost cause because the seller stuck the word "like" at the end of the title? That really stinks.

Just based on the picture and not reading this listing, I could already confirm this bag to be fake. The style does not exist and even if there's a pouch, its sold separately anyway. The color is off too.
Its always best to post here and get a second opinion before buying if you are not too certain.

The lisitng says Tokidoki LeSportsac original print like messenger purse, its very unclear and it could be very misleading. It could mean two things: 1. its a bag smiliar to a messenger bag 2. Its a simliar bag like tokidoki lesportsac Original Print.

When stated like this, you know something fishy is going on. Usually if the item is 100% Authentic, it will be said pretty straight forward "Authentic."
When there are words throw in there like "like" "inspired"
then u know its fake.

I don't think its against Ebay's Policy to sell Inspired merchandise, if thats the case, there would not be millions of listings now on fake tokidoki bags,coach, LV, and many other name brand. People tend to use the word "inspired" or "like" so they do not have to be questioned about the authenticity of the item. If its such a big deal, then Ebay would have taken better control than now. I've only seen Ebay coming forward when a listing claims to be Authentic but fake. Often time, the listing is removed immediately because the item is questionable. Either way, to help protect buyers from getting scammed, the best way is to do research before purchasing and make sure you pay via paypal so you could always claim ur money back.

I agree with the rest of the members here that you should still file for a refund if your item is not authentic.
The words in the listing may have misled you and probably a lot other people too, so why not give a try, it doesnt hurt!

I don't believe it is against ebay policy to list designer inspired items. As long as the item is not claimed to be authentic Chanel (for example) and has no Chanel markings on it but is similar to a Chanel bag, it's fine to sell on ebay. However, it is not okay to list the designer name in the title as that goes against keyword spamming.