Idiots at Holocaust conference say gas chambers were not used

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people at the conference are idiots, but at least you can recognize them as idiots. Give me a denier or a man in a white sheet any day over closet racists and antisemites. You can laugh at them because their heads are so far up their butts I'm amazed them don't suffocate. It's the people that say, "I have no problem with Jews." in public but laugh at jokes at the dinner table or think that these numbers are distorted that causes me real fear. It's that secret hatred that bothers me. And that we have people that think like that here, really upsets me.

this is by far the most ridiculous statement I have ever read from you and I am not only disgusted by completely appalled but just :wtf:
YOU don't "think" the facts are correct, YOU "think" the number might be less????? WTF are you trying to say here? First of all, you are only going by your gut? Try talking to the survivors about YOUR gut! And who the hell cares if it was 6 million (8 million if you count the Russians) or 6000? They all met vicious, cruel deaths and how dare you - just how dare you! I am so friggin disgusted by your post. It is totally ignorant and you need to keep this kind of speak for the white supremist blogs.

Thank you bagnshoo. Maybe some posters should stick to only certain threads on this forum, if they are going to give half ass responses to something SO serious.

I visited a concentration camp in Belgium (Breendonk). It was one of the smaller camps, so it had not been renovated or remodeled much at all since the war. There were actual drawings and writings on the wall from victims, and the furnishings and rooms were all still laid out as they were during the Holocaust.

I had always been horrified by, but also very interested in, the Holocaust and assumed that I would eventually want to visit Auschwitz and the bigger camps to learn more. But that one visit is enough for me. I felt physically sick being on the site of such atrocities, cruelty, and pure evil. The gaurds in this place had buried a young boy up to his neck in mud and laughed at him while he slowly died. They hung people upside down by their ankles and wrists while beating them, they forced individuals to go without using the toilet for whole days, and they even trained their dogs to attack Jews and the other prisoners on sight.

It seemed to me that the most vicious thing about the Holocaust is not the specific numbers -- but the sheer brutality and hatred involved. These poor, poor victims died surrounded by people who thought of them as little more than germs. No one should ever have to experience any thing like that -- ever. For even one person to be tortured and killed in this sort of isolation combined with hatred is a humiliation for all of humanity -- something that we must never forget in order to try to avoid having it ever happen again (although, sadly, in places like Rwanda and Bosnia, very similar types of brutality and hate driven genocide have happened very recently).

...very well said jillybean. It is a great fear that people can actually continue to argue about numbers and figures. We are talking MILLIONS.

MandM you posted as I was typing LOL your post was right on as well. For those who question figures, they need to visit camps and then report back please.

The idea that this type of genocide is occuring STILL in different areas of the world , terrifies me...

robyn, something about your reply really touched me. I think this is the way to get over something as horrible as genocide, by feeling for one another and expressing those feelings. Denial shows ignorance and a slimy thread of hatred that I just can't stomach.

Yes, actually there are. And those ^^ are the words that are enough.

Thank you.:crybaby:

Deaths at Auschwitz
The Washington Monthly (I wanted to add this one, too)

Here is a site with some pictures and info, nothing bad just a tribute to the victims, please look at the pictures. I know a lot of people suffered and that is wrong, but I also feel it's wrong to say 4 million died here if 1.5 did. I feel for those 1.5 and their family and am happy that will never happen again. All I am saying are the numbers may be off and I feel as this is the internet, and I am a citizen of a country with free speech, I should have the right to express my views and my reason for them. Think what you may, but do not call me racist and believe I'm denying this horrid event.

It's such a disgusting form of agenda-pushing propaganda. We all know something of the history between Jewish and Muslim people, but to go this far is low, and I'm not at all surprised.

That kkk idiot should not be allowed back into the country.

Deaths at Auschwitz

Here is a site with some pictures and info, nothing bad just a tribute to the victims, please look at the pictures. I know a lot of people suffered and that is wrong, but I also feel it's wrong to say 4 million died here if 1.5 did. I feel for those 1.5 and their family and am happy that will never happen again. All I am saying are the numbers may be off and I feel as this is the internet, and I am a citizen of a country with free speech, I should have the right to express my views and my reason for them. Think what you may, but do not call me racist and believe I'm denying this horrid event.

You're right. You have the right to say whatever you want...even if it is wrong. You seem to be referencing 1.5 Million being killed at ONE of the death camps. There were dozens!!! Not to mention the killing done in the ghettos - those jews who never even made it to the camps. And those who died in cattle cars on the way to the camps.

Your own linked article says "The downward revision actually strengthens the case that 5.5 million to six million Jews died in the Holocaust"

So I don't know what your point is...it's still my original statement of 4 to 7 million Jews total. AND WHO THE HELL CARES??? We're talking about PEOPLE! FAMILIES! CHILDREN! MOTHERS! FATHERS! Treated as less than garbage. Less than human. Refuse. Treated worse than any animal was ever treated by the evil that was Nazi.

In 8th grade we met a Sobibor (sp?) survivor. He still had a bullet in his jaw. He hid in a toilet (not like a toilet we think of - a hole in the ground with a wood 'seat') and finally escaped. His story is told in Escape from Sobibor movie.

I've been to the Holocaust Museum in DC - you can see the ACTUAL pairs of shoes, actual suitcases, actual TEETH!

I don't know why this subject affects me so deeply as I don't believe I had any relatives killed or affected (although if I did I would be hard pressed to know about it if they were all murdered!) but this has always been a passionate subject for me.

What is even more tragic...things like this continue to happen. Cambodia. Rwanda. Darfur. People killing, torturing, dehumanizing others due to ideology.

David Duke should burn in hell. With Ackmedenawackjob.

Deaths at Auschwitz

we've already dealt with the statistical issue that the first article (hardly a reliable source, by the way, do you cite things like that in school papers? expect no lesser burden of proof with any reasonable person), it was resolved in 1992. what you seem to be doing is questioning current estimates, and you apparently have no reasonable proof for why you're doing that. the second article just talks about joe lieberman's primary. sure, he's jewish, but i don't know what that has to do with the holocaust.

despite the fact that you, i'm sure, are a consumate historian and have personally visited former holocaust sites and poured over the primary sources yourself. i'm sure that's the case. either that, or a racist. but you know, whatever. go ahead and question the terrible, tragic torturing and death of millions of people. you have every right to do that, of course. (please note my sarcasm here).

you also say that you're happy that it will never happen again, but when people belittle deaths, question the magnitude of a tragedy, and do both with no proof to show, it most certainly could happen again. it's a very, very slippery slope and it starts with disrespecting the event itself, just like you're doing.

this also has nothing to do with your first amendment rights. you're allowed to say what you want, and the government won't stop it (that is, of course, what the amendment says. anyone that's ever read it knows that it doesn't free you from private-sector censorship), but it does not free you from criticism, however harsh, when you choose to show your true colors. we'll stop calling you a racist or a bigot when you stop acting like one - that's OUR first amendment right. and until you get some proof that's not from a shoddy, unreliable, half-broken website about an inconsistancy corrected in 1992, you're still being a holocaust denier. denying the magnitude of the tragedy is just as bad as denying that it ever happened at all.

that whole conference was a slap in the face to mankind. what a bunch of jerks. I cannot even stomach the thought of that many people getting together to try to disprove the Holocaust. They are wicked, evil people and it scares the hell out of me that this was looked at as a legitimate discussion.
disgusting.
Amen!!!!

Actually, stating that "it's wrong to say 4 million died here if 1.5 did" is, essentially an implication of disbelief. That said, yes, you are a lucky resident of a country with free speech and therefore may post away even if your statements lack not only empathy but strong empirical data to support them. We, on the other hand, have to right to attempt to set you straight.

we've already dealt with the statistical issue that the first article (hardly a reliable source, by the way, do you cite things like that in school papers? expect no lesser burden of proof with any reasonable person), it was resolved in 1992. what you seem to be doing is questioning current estimates, and you apparently have no reasonable proof for why you're doing that. the second article just talks about joe lieberman's primary. sure, he's jewish, but i don't know what that has to do with the holocaust.

despite the fact that you, i'm sure, are a consumate historian and have personally visited former holocaust sites and poured over the primary sources yourself. i'm sure that's the case. either that, or a racist. but you know, whatever. go ahead and question the terrible, tragic torturing and death of millions of people. you have every right to do that, of course. (please note my sarcasm here).

you also say that you're happy that it will never happen again, but when people belittle deaths, question the magnitude of a tragedy, and do both with no proof to show, it most certainly could happen again. it's a very, very slippery slope and it starts with disrespecting the event itself, just like you're doing.

this also has nothing to do with your first amendment rights. you're allowed to say what you want, and the government won't stop it (that is, of course, what the amendment says. anyone that's ever read it knows that it doesn't free you from private-sector censorship), but it does not free you from criticism, however harsh, when you choose to show your true colors. we'll stop calling you a racist or a bigot when you stop acting like one - that's OUR first amendment right. and until you get some proof that's not from a shoddy, unreliable, half-broken website about an inconsistancy corrected in 1992, you're still being a holocaust denier. denying the magnitude of the tragedy is just as bad as denying that it ever happened at all.
well said amanda!!

Deaths at Auschwitz

What disturbs me the most is that you seem determined to prove that "only" 1.5 million people died. Why is that so important to you? What the hell difference is it if the numbers "are off"? I don't believe you are sorry for them and that you are "happy that will never happen again." (?) Hello? Do you read the newspaper?! This crap continues to go on today! I'm sorry but your "beliefs" smack of racism no matter how much you try to explain yourself. You are denying this "horrid" event. You are either one of the most insensitive people I have ever seen in here, just plain ignorant or yes, anti-semite.

Purselova- I bet if you had at least one family member in those numbers..You wouldnt be so ignorant to say "ONLY" 'x 'Amount of jews REALLY died.
EEK
This thread is making me sick.CLOSING unless Vlad wants it re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.