Reference Identify This Prada

Just what you needed - another name of bag thread. Thank you in advance :flowers:

m_5b64bd931b16db36d2abb7a0.jpg

m_5b64bd997ee9e25836b8976c.jpg

I bought my Prada bag at Prada duty free Incheon airport when i was traveling to South Korea 4 years ago, I used it all the time because it was my favorite one. Until couples weeks ago my friend asked me is it fake. I was so surprised cos my friend spotted out the logo was “PPADA” instead of Prada. I was so shock, lol then I imaged for that whole time I’ve carried a bag look like fake. I really don’t know what to do. And the bad thing is I already throw away all of card, receipt and box even dust bag. I have contact Prada store in Vn, But they said I need to bring the bag in along with receipt. I was thinking to bring it in to the store in the States for my next trip cause when I called customers care in the States they said just bring it in if I don’t have receipt. Hopefully they can do something for me. Have you guys ever heard about this issue ever happened? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 01BFDC27-091D-42B7-9F28-3FDA93AFD641.jpeg
    01BFDC27-091D-42B7-9F28-3FDA93AFD641.jpeg
    368.8 KB · Views: 168
Hello!! I recently bought this from a friend who told me she got it from japan and i havent the slightest clue what its called [emoji53]and ive tried my luck with google and all im getting is the one with the chain. Id really appreciate you guys’ input , thanks so much!

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpgIMG_0044.jpg

Hi all,

So I bought this prada bag from Selfridges I want to say around 2000-2002, that's a rough guess.

As you can see the condition isn't great, the connections broke on each side so I cable tied them together on both sides.

Anyway I was wondering if someone could identify it for me, the name of the bag etc.

Attachments

• 20180923_164401.jpg
    20180923_164401.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 118
Hi,

New here and looking for some help please.

I recently bought a ‘job lot’ of vintage bags on spec without knowing the full contents. Most are mid-range designers or high-end high street names. Judging by the styles, and by the size of the interior cellphone pockets in these bags, I’d estimate them to be from the first decade of this century, pre smartphone era. :smile: All are in VGC, if a little squashed from storage; some appear unused or very close to that.

Among them was this one, which claims to be a Prada. I’ve googled extensively but can’t find anything like it as obviously it’s not one of the coolest bags ever made ;), but I’d like to know whether it’s genuine. The general quality of the other bags suggests it might be, but who slings a genuine Prada into a box of old assorted bags and sells the lot for £25???

Things which appear to indicate it’s genuine include: good quality grainy leather; font of the word ‘Prada’ with distinctive ‘R’; printed nylon lining with logo; embossed name ‘Prada’ on zipper tags (both sides).

Things which give me cause to wonder:

1) The interior logo isn’t a plaque but just a leather tag stitched to pocket, in a different leather than the bag, but still feels genuine. I can’t see any reference anywhere to Prada ever having used this format but it’s old and not a popular bag so???

2) Stitching isn’t brilliant along one side of top edge. But again this may have been a cheaper line, and perhaps before the age of fakes so not such a big deal? Cellphone pocket has a slight hole or gap in stitching at bottom but that looks to be just a function of the way it’s made, from a single piece of leather.

3) Leather is fraying slightly along shoulder strap, but again, it’s old. Interior looks like it’s never or barely been used though.

4) The symbol in between the words on the lining differs slightly from what we normally see today. It’s more angular and less like an ‘S’. Has this design altered over time? Also the font of the ‘Prada’ on the zippers isn’t the same as the main logo - straight ‘R’ - but the ‘A’s are right.

Please can anyone help? I’d like to sell this on but don’t want to rip anyone off!

Thanks in advance x87FDA567-4B5D-49B2-A1FC-B481F5F4932B.jpeg DD4CCF69-30B5-49AA-8088-5A7AF27B3A91.jpeg F5AB862D-C48B-4008-BD49-46B8B0DA2EE7.jpeg

Hi,

New here and looking for some help please.

I recently bought a ‘job lot’ of vintage bags on spec without knowing the full contents. Most are mid-range designers or high-end high street names. Judging by the styles, and by the size of the interior cellphone pockets in these bags, I’d estimate them to be from the first decade of this century, pre smartphone era. :smile: All are in VGC, if a little squashed from storage; some appear unused or very close to that.

Among them was this one, which claims to be a Prada. I’ve googled extensively but can’t find anything like it as obviously it’s not one of the coolest bags ever made ;), but I’d like to know whether it’s genuine. The general quality of the other bags suggests it might be, but who slings a genuine Prada into a box of old assorted bags and sells the lot for £25???

Things which appear to indicate it’s genuine include: good quality grainy leather; font of the word ‘Prada’ with distinctive ‘R’; printed nylon lining with logo; embossed name ‘Prada’ on zipper tags (both sides).

Things which give me cause to wonder:

1) The interior logo isn’t a plaque but just a leather tag stitched to pocket, in a different leather than the bag, but still feels genuine. I can’t see any reference anywhere to Prada ever having used this format but it’s old and not a popular bag so???

2) Stitching isn’t brilliant along one side of top edge. But again this may have been a cheaper line, and perhaps before the age of fakes so not such a big deal? Cellphone pocket has a slight hole or gap in stitching at bottom but that looks to be just a function of the way it’s made, from a single piece of leather.

3) Leather is fraying slightly along shoulder strap, but again, it’s old. Interior looks like it’s never or barely been used though.

4) The symbol in between the words on the lining differs slightly from what we normally see today. It’s more angular and less like an ‘S’. Has this design altered over time? Also the font of the ‘Prada’ on the zippers isn’t the same as the main logo - straight ‘R’ - but the ‘A’s are right.

Please can anyone help? I’d like to sell this on but don’t want to rip anyone off!

Thanks in advance xView attachment 4217941 View attachment 4217942 View attachment 4217940

I'm not even going to waste my energy referring you to the "Authenticate This" for a proper authentication request. This is right up there with one of THE worst fakes I've ever seen. Burn it, shred it, or destroy it to your liking, but do NOT attempt to pass this off as a Prada bag. It's illegal to sell counterfeits.

@missfiggy : Need a good giggle? Check out this number.

Reactions: lazurite.ig
I'm not even going to waste my energy referring you to the "Authenticate This" for a proper authentication request. This is right up there with one of THE worst fakes I've ever seen. Burn it, shred it, or destroy it to your liking, but do NOT attempt to pass this off as a Prada bag. It's illegal to sell counterfeits.

@missfiggy : Need a good giggle? Check out this number.

Woah, really?!? I’m glad I asked!!

Like I said, my intention was absolutely NOT to try to ‘pass this off’ as anything it’s not, that’s why I went to the trouble of making an account on here to ask the question, so as not to take any chances. I did look at the ‘Authenticate This’ thread but it seemed to be for people who were checking out items they were watching on eBay etc, not someone in my position. So apologies if I posted it in the wrong place.

I have to confess I’m a little surprised in some ways, because the other bags in the box were decent quality, despite not being top names. But clearly my instincts were right that there was something fishy about this one’s inclusion.

Thanks for your honesty! :smile:

Reactions: Bratty1919
Woah, really?!? I’m glad I asked!!

Like I said, my intention was absolutely NOT to try to ‘pass this off’ as anything it’s not, that’s why I went to the trouble of making an account on here to ask the question, so as not to take any chances. I did look at the ‘Authenticate This’ thread but it seemed to be for people who were checking out items they were watching on eBay etc, not someone in my position. So apologies if I posted it in the wrong place.

I have to confess I’m a little surprised in some ways, because the other bags in the box were decent quality, despite not being top names. But clearly my instincts were right that there was something fishy about this one’s inclusion.

Thanks for your honesty! :smile:

We don't exactly have a reputation for mincing words around here, especially regarding something like you posted. :graucho:

PS: You need to have those other bags authenticated since you're planning to sell them. Even mid-range designers get faked these days.

Reactions: Bratty1919