Identify This Mulberry

Hi everyone!
I’m new to this forum and new to Mulberry. Bought myself a vintage bag, can anyone help identify it?
Besides from the inside pocket it is unlined, and there’s a black label saying “Made in Turkey”. Leather is oak Kenya I suppose. TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_3265.jpeg
    IMG_3265.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3267.jpeg
    IMG_3267.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3266.jpeg
    IMG_3266.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 9
Hi everyone!
I’m new to this forum and new to Mulberry. Bought myself a vintage bag, can anyone help identify it?
Besides from the inside pocket it is unlined, and there’s a black label saying “Made in Turkey”. Leather is oak Kenya I suppose. TIA!
Welcome! :flowers: Congrats on your bag. I think...but could well be wrong...this might be a Peggy? Similar footprint to a Bays, but yes the leather looks like Oak Kenya. Jazzy will know for sure. Anyone else who's familiar with Peggy?

Reactions: dddutchy
Hi Can anyone help me identify this bag. Charity shop find today. She is in need of repair.

Attachments

• 20240414_135817.jpg
    20240414_135817.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240414_135905.jpg
    20240414_135905.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240414_135910.jpg
    20240414_135910.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240414_135745.jpg
    20240414_135745.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240414_135741.jpg
    20240414_135741.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240414_135726.jpg
    20240414_135726.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 17
Hi all, found this Mulberry bag the other day. Can anyone help me identify it please? Couldn't find any pictures with this exact shape. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1045.jpg
    IMG_1045.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1047.jpg
    IMG_1047.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 12
Hi all, found this Mulberry bag the other day. Can anyone help me identify it please? Couldn't find any pictures with this exact shape. Thank you
No pictures found because this is not a Mulberry bag. As with the last post, this particular number has an unlucky profile, for one thing. If by "found it" you mean you purchased it, I hope you can get your money back.

Reactions: MiniMabel
Hiya, apols if wrong place, but is there any way to roughly date a Mulberry bag? I have a preloved Alexa but no idea on approximate age. Happy to look myself if anyone can point me to a reference guide etc!

Attachments

• IMG_2176.png
    IMG_2176.png
    531.6 KB · Views: 6
I hope it is not bad form to ask general identification questions instead of requesting identifying a specific bag (I've got one I suspect/hope is a Mulberry Walter, not a fake, in the "authenticate" thread) but: Can anybody tell me what the differences are between the Mulberry Elkington and the Walter? Both of these briefcases seem very similar. What I think I have found out (and may be completely wrong):

* The Walter does have a dedicated Laptop hoder/velcro strap to hold a 15" laptop built in
* The Elkington has a small closure strap in the middle of the rear pocket to make that less "floppy" (probably a side effect of the Walter being more geared towards Laptops that this has been left off in the Walter so it does not rub against a computer surface)?
* There is some small piece of leather sewed in the middle rear of the bottome of some(?) Elkingtons?
* There seems more variation with the straps/closure mechanisms of the Walter briefcases. Some have the two straps going all the way up the flap, some have rivets to both sides of the closure mechanisms, while the Elkington seems to have none of this?

Is the Elkington the older model, the Walter the newer one (or maybe even a rebrand/refresh)?

Sadly it is very hard to search for that kind of information, as 90% of information coming up on the Elkington is Alexa Chung once wearing one. It is really a shame that Mulberry does not keep a lot of information on old/historic products online.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is the wrong type of post for this thread,
Ralph

I hope it is not bad form to ask general identification questions instead of requesting identifying a specific bag (I've got one I suspect/hope is a Mulberry Walter, not a fake, in the "authenticate" thread) but: Can anybody tell me what the differences are between the Mulberry Elkington and the Walter? Both of these briefcases seem very similar. What I think I have found out (and may be completely wrong):

* The Walter does have a dedicated Laptop hoder/velcro strap to hold a 15" laptop built in
* The Elkington has a small closure strap in the middle of the rear pocket to make that less "floppy" (probably a side effect of the Walter being more geared towards Laptops that this has been left off in the Walter so it does not rub against a computer surface)?
* There is some small piece of leather sewed in the middle rear of the bottome of some(?) Elkingtons?
* There seems more variation with the straps/closure mechanisms of the Walter briefcases. Some have the two straps going all the way up the flap, some have rivets to both sides of the closure mechanisms, while the Elkington seems to have none of this?

Is the Elkington the older model, the Walter the newer one (or maybe even a rebrand/refresh)?

Sadly it is very hard to search for that kind of information, as 90% of information coming up on the Elkington is Alexa Chung once wearing one. It is really a shame that Mulberry does not keep a lot of information on old/historic products online.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is the wrong type of post for this thread,
Ralph
Hi Ralph, and welcome! Your posting on the Authentication thread will likely have a response soon, though there needs to be a link to a publicly viewable site, so if you're concerned about your recent purchase, I would recommend that you may consider using a reputable authentication service, the cost is very reasonable for your peace of mind. You mention the leather not being soft enough for your liking, so I would just say in its defence that NVT leather does in fact age beautifully and with great character, and whilst it will soften over time, it is robust enough never to become really very soft, so that may be a consideration for you. You may, however grow to love it! You've clearly done some research on the Elkington vs. Walter models (both eminent in age, both built to last a lifetime) and so far as I can tell, these are all valid, if minor distinctions between them, so if you decide to continue to search no doubt more will be revealed. Btw, there is a beautiful Elkington to look at on the NPN site in the same Oak leather, so have a look at it if you've not seen it already. I agree that it can indeed be frustrating on occasion that more is not archived online, even by Mulberry itself, but if you persist right here in the Mulberry forum, you will be astonished how much you can learn and have fun in the process. Enjoy your new Walter should you decide to keep him.