Idea for a new business.....

1. Nordstrom Winter Sale Now Until February 24, Save Up To 40% With Free Shipping and Free Returns. SHOP NOW
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have decided since it is clear that I have no self control whatsoever that I may be onto an idea for a new business. :confused1: Returning unwanted purchases to the department store for others. I walked into NM with all good intentions. I had purchased 2 bags and decided that they just wouldn't work for me and since my bill was due on 5/21 and I never carry a balance on a store card (usually just use them to score double bonus points, etc) it was time to pay or return. Anyway, to make a long story short, I returned 2 bags, came home with two more!! :shrugs: More expensive than the first two. :nuts: Now, if I could just pay somebody say $25.00 to go in and return them for me, I would not be suffering the remorse that I am suffering right now. To make matters worse, I sold a stunning Ink day last week because as gorgeous as it was, I knew I wouldn't use it enough to justify keeping it. So....guess what I bought today?? Yes, an Ink day!!!! I am insane, but, the leather was just too darn pretty to leave behind!! I'm sure it will be going back once I have had some time to admire it!! :roflmfao: Plus, I returned a Marc Jacobs quilted stam in Topaz. I totally loved that bag but it was a little too heavy. So.....I bought a Bal Aqua Matalasse instead. :graucho: I have clearly lost my marbles!!! :upsidedown: I may have to send my daughter in to return them for me?!?!? :roflmfao::roflmfao:

2. Hmmm have you been smoking something today? TOO funny:roflmfao:

3. A couple of days ago I saw an aqua matelasse as well! And it was gorgeous! But couldn't justify getting it when I already had a matelasse from last season and that one was more wearable with my outfits, being a neutral...But I have to say, I was tempted... :graucho:

You found an ink day at NM??? I wish I got to see an ink IRL up close!!!

Actually not a bad idea! Would save some the embarrassment of returning too frequently or from feeling bad towards their SA. I remember one time I was avoiding my SA and hoping she wouldn't see me (I saw her shopping w/friends after her work shift) because I was returning something I had bought with her help! I felt so bad! According to my DH the commission she earned would be taken back from her if I returned a bag bought through her... Is that true? Also, does anyone know if department stores penalize customers in any way when they return too often? I'm just curious bec. I had this conversation with my DH and he seems to think since they keep a record of all returns they may penalize....?

4. Omg!!!!!!!!!:nuts: You need to see a therapist for your problem!!!!:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: Anyway~ to hell with that~ show us pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:I am dying to see your aqua matelesse!!!!!!!!!!!!:dothewave:

5. this is hilarious! and yes, a great idea for a business! hopefully the person returing our goods has more self control than all of us put together!

: )

6. Yes! An Ink day!!! Can you believe it!!?!?! I think I got so caught up in the fact that they are impossible to find, I lost sight of the fact that I don't need it and just sold one! :shrugs: Clearly I am suffering from BSD - Balenciaga Stress Disorder. :confused1: I will post pictures before I have them returned :roflmfao:

7. I will post pictures pronto! Proof that I was not in my right mind. I didn't even look at my receipt until I got in my car. Gulp!!! :sweatdrop:

8. That's NUTTY :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: How about if you pay someone to go with you to make sure you do not walk out the door with another bag?

9. Perhaps maybe I need to??? :graucho:

10. I'm sure your DH would have no problems doing your returns!!!

11. Yikes. I did the same thing. I had been deciding between to MJ bags, small or large. I took them both home to decided, returned one, exchanged it for the other and then before using it, discovered B-bags and returned the other. I totally tried to avoid the SA who sold it to me and I am there pretty often so I still avoid her.

I like NM because many times I buy what I want online to try it out and return it to the customer service instead of the department.

Also, anytime I buy anything expensive, I make it a point to tell the SA that I am not sure and that I might change my mind. They ALWAYS say 'No problem', thinking that 99% of people will keep it and that is probably true but if I buy something and it sits a long time, I take it back because I likely won't use it. I personally don't care terribly much about their commission. It is really no skin off their nose if you return something. I mean how much time does it take a SA to help you buy something?

12. ^ that's true about the commission...but this one bag I returned was after she had gone through the trouble of finding a few bags in other stores, getting it shipped and holding them, etc....

I've done that too.. tell my SA that I may return it if it doesn't work out and she always says, "yeah, that's not a problem!"

13. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

yes, everytime I ask my DH thinking he will give me his honest opinion, "Do you think I should return this bag?" He ALWAYS replies with an emphatic, "YES!" Without even giving the bag a glance!

14. wow!! that's pretty amazing.. i have yet to reach that level of BSD.. :roflmfao:

15. :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

Okay... this is too funny!!! I wanna see pics, pronto lady!!! :graucho:

The funniest part is that you couldn't leave the Ink Day behind... but I'm sure it is gorgeous and needed a good home!! :nuts: Congrats on your great finds!! The Aqua Matelasse & Ink Day sound incredible!!

Great choice on trading the Stam in for the Aqua Matelasse!! (Plus it will match your new wallet!!) I bought a MJ Banana Hobo in Topaz, and its never been used because I've been too obsessed with my bbags!! :Push: The Topaz color is gorgeous... but now I have a bag & a zip clutch in Topaz that are rarely going to be used, because I'll probably grab my Aqua set everytime!! I couldn't return because I was *dee da dee* and bought it from the MJ store... so good call on your trade!!...

Congrats!!