ID this bag? Right section for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mason012

O.G.
Oct 8, 2008
Backstory:
I have/HAD this Louis Vuitton purse that I loved so dearly.
My mom bought it for me as my 19th birthday present (I'm turning 22 in October).
Anyhow, it was a purse that I hardly wore as it was not a purse to be worn often, but I never found out the name or style of it!
My aunt (the youngest of 7 children - 37 y.o.) saw that I had got a new bag from my mom and demanded, yes, demanded that I give her my 19th birthday present. She stuck her hand out and said: "give me your lv, hobo bag then (since you've gotten a new bag)"
That was at least a year and a half - two years ago.
(FYI - I do purchase all my own things now)
To this day I resent her for taking my bag from me.
She has worn it EVERYDAY since the day I've given it to her.
It truly breaks my heart as I have never seen anyone with the same bag.
I really assumed that she would give it back after some time, but she hasn't.
Everyday for two years she's worn that bag!
I even told her it was gift from my mom and she didn't even flinch.

Fast foward:
I am going to ask for it back soon as my feelings of resentment at her taking my bag have not subsided after all this time.
I would like to explain the style of the bag, because I've never seen it on the LV site or anything.

I told my mom that I really want it back and she told me that since she sees my aunt wearing it all the time, I shouldn't ask for it back - unless I want to trade her for something. She said I could give her this Gucci Tote I have instead. It's canvas and has worn in the corners; I doubt she'd switch as this LV bag still looks great after all these years.
My mom doesn't want to upset my aunt!!!!! But she's upset me by not caring that I really did and still do adore that purse.

Details:
It looks the Mahina print was used - purchase from LV for ~$1,600 - dark chocolate brown in color - soft rectangular shape which slouched kind of like a hobo-ish bag.
One handle that had a bronze/brass colored buckle. The handle was a thick fabric strap with a creme stripe going down the middle with thin brown stripes on the side or something like that.
It's not a big bag at all and quite hurt my shoulder from the buckle. lol
Pleasee help me ID this bag!!

I hope I don't come off as spoiled or a brat - because I do pay for everything myself now, but I cannot get over the way I had to give up my favorite bag.
All my other bags don't compare to this one.

Wow I can't believe the cheek of some people - I wouldn't have parted in the first place let her go and buy her own bags

I wish I hadn't, but my mom told me that I should give it to her...
And I grew up learning that adults are always right and we should always listen and respect what they say/tell us to do...
Even if they're wrong, we don't speak up and just let them talk and believe what they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.