id this bag: reissue w/ "ear flaps"

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I just received my Nordstrom catalog and in it there is a gorgeous Chanel reissue bag. Upon first looking at it, I thought it was the Black Metallic Reissue but realized that there where 2 little flaps / "ears" from the chain.

I really don't know how to explain it, but WHAT IS THIS BAG CALLED? And when did Chanel release it?

I was shopping at Saks today and after preselling a couple items I walked out and saw the same bag on their advertisement/window displays. Again, I was too lazy to walk right back in to ask... so can someone please ID this bag?

2. I know it's part of the 255 Act 2 collection. I went to Chanel today at Tysons and asked about it. They don't have it yet. I really like it but I think it's very small. I called Nordstrom about it when the book came out. They didn't have it yet. I do know that it is coming in a much taller size as well to accommodate a laptop. For those of you who don't know what we are talking about, here is a scan of the bag from the catalog
    --Judy

Attached Files:

3. oooh, I don't know but please add it to the Shopping Forum's thread for catalog codes!:tup:

4. #4 Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
    I think Saks has it? Actually i'm going back tomorrow to check. I thought they had an actual one the window display or maybe it was a picture? haha. Wow my brain is fried. I'll double check. I have to go back tomorrow and finish shopping. :smile:

Thanks for the info!!

5. saw the catalog also. love this bag! i did a rough estimate of the size based on the diamond pattern of my reissue 225 and it's a little bit shorter in length, but may be close to the same height. 8"x6". a little pricey at $2650, but a gorgeous bag!!!

6. Oh.. hmm. I'm not a fan of this bag. It may grow on me.. but I'll wait with baited breath.

7. i;m not a fan of this bag either. imo, i think the 'ears' cheapens the look of the bag.

8. yeah i didn't really like the look of the bag, i was just curious and wanted someone to id it... i freaked out because i thought it was the black metallic reissue they shot aka the bag i recently got but i was disappointed and curious to see what bag that was feature!