ID the bag....

1. has anyone seen the red bag on cover of The Lucky Shopping Manual? any knowledge which bag it is? i LOVE it!

2. Apparently it's made by Rafe--at least according to this article in New York magazine...

The Michelin Guide in New York - Peter Bacanovic's letter-writing campaign - Lucky vs. Shop, Etc.

Hearst vs. Condé Nast: Bag Brouhaha
    Shop, Etc., the new Hearst magazine being launched this year, is not going to be a clone of Condé Nast’s Lucky, Hearst executives have said. (The products will be more “upscale.”) That said, the Shop, Etc. ad campaign showcases a $400 Rafe Birkin–style bag—the same bag featured on the cover of The Lucky Shopping Manual, a companion book to Lucky. “Their ad campaign says CHIC AND YOU SHALL FIND, and indeed they found it on our cover,” sniped a Condé Nast source. But don’t expect an apology from Shop, Etc. editor Mandi Norwood. “ ‘Boo-hoo!,’ ” said a Hearst spokeswoman. “That’s what Mandi told me when I asked her about this.”

3. The stitching and the hardware do look like Rafe. But I don't know if they still make this bag... I remember that they did bags with the white-stitching and that type of leather about 2-3 years ago...

You could try contacting them and see if the bag's still available:

Rafe New York

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice