ID: Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) Sunglasses in Breakfast at Tiffany's

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've been told they are Ray Ban Wayfarers, but all the Ray Bans I've seen are so small compared to Audrey's in Breakfast at Tiffanys. Can anyone ID them and tell me where I can find them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/luxueux/229246423/in/photostream/

Thanks.

2. They are an older style of the wayfarer. Don't think RayBan still makes it, but they should!

3. I would try browsing Ray Ban's website. They have pretty much every style they make now posted. You might be able to find something similar.

4. those are my favorite sunglasses ever :love: and the jackie o ones of course :P

5. they are raybans for sure but i don't think they make that particular style anymore.

6. I agree they should relaunch these.

7. i've seen audrey's sunglasses misquoted as being of the ray-ban variety in many articles, but for some reason they just don't look like the wayfarers. then i read in either vogue of vanity fair (uk edition) that they are actually by a company that is a man's name, first name is oscar or something with an 'O'. anyways the sunglasses can be custom made, including the classic holiday golightly ones. only thing is a think they start around 300 quid.

8. The ones they quote are the ones are very small frames. Audrey's look rreally big.

9. ^^Actually I was told they ARE Ray Ban. I found the company you were talking about and emailed them asking if I could buy a reproduced pair. The Holly Golightly sunglasses are my dream pair. I received this reply today from the company where they say that they didn't make them and they were indeed ray bans.

If anyone has any other leads for the Breakfast at Tiffany's glasses I'd love to know! :flowers:

10. Hi Beauxgoris,

Can you tell me the name of the company that can custom make them???

Many thanks

11. ^^The thing I don't like about those is how thin the arms are - the Tiffany's glasses have very thick arms which is what makes them different from other pairs I find that are close.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I do like the Ray Ban Jackie Ohh II glasses - but again, they're just not the same.

12. Have you searched Ebay for vintage Raybans? I recently bought a pair of vintage 1960's (they were tortoise, too) Raybans. I'm sure you could find a pair from around the year that BaT was made (1961).

The Cats style that meghankkg recommended are the modern version of the 1960s wayfarers.

EDIT Here is one pair I found..it's just the frames, though
    http://cgi.ebay.com/B-L-RAY-BAN-USA-60s-WAYFARER-RED-TORT-VTG-SUNGLASS-EXC_W0QQitemZ250481814947QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Sunglasses?hash=item3a51e12da3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

13. ^^Those would make such great reading or prescription glasses.

The problem is I can't find any frames that are as thick as the B.A.T.'s one's. I'll do more research though!

14. Her sunglasses are very thick!

The ones most similar to hers would have to be Oliver Goldsmith Audrey sunglasses!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice