Iconic Cartier?

Mar 27, 2009
Ok. Besides the LOVE bracelet (which I might still get, not sure!), what else is iconic of Cartier in everyone else's opinion? The only reason why I am hesitating about buying it is that I brought it up with my sister, and she gave me her honest opinion. She thinks its a pretty bracelet, but she feels that for the price it is overrated! She is kinda right, I think. I might still splurge, but is there anything else that would be a little less expensive that would still be a classic Cartier?
Thanks!

The Trinity is lovely as a ring or necklace but I tried on the bracelet, and it makes too much noise! I do love the rings, especially the ones with full diamonds. The other classic Cartier collection has to be the Panthère but prices are way higher than the Love or Trinity range.

If my memory serves me correctly, did you post in an earlier thread about wanting to get the Cartier Love bracelet for the longest time, but were unsure if it was weird for a woman to buy herself jewellery? If I got the person right, it seems you've been eyeing the bracelet for a while now. Your sister is right, Cartier is overpriced, but so is VCA, Tiffany, HW and every designer brand out there. This, you probably already know. But if you like it, close your eyes and hand over your credit card!

^ Get the Love bracelet if you love it. I think it's worth every penny. It's stunning!
Also have a look at the beautiful Love rings!
The Trinity stuff (except earrings) is not comfortable for me, something about the moving parts kind of bugs me (but I just love the look.)
How about a classic Tank Francaise watch or the Ballon Bleu?

@evekitti: yes I was definitely talking about the LOVE bracelet earlier! What I need to do is get myself down to the shop and take my time looking at everything I like and see how it fits, how it looks, etc. I love your comment about closing my eyes and handing over my credit card lol! :smile:
@greentea: I am going to take a lok at the trinity stuff. Like I said to evekitti, I really need to get to the shop and look. Looking online and actually trying things on is a totally different experience.

^ so true! I had all these pieces on the Cartier website picked out and stuffed into my brain! Then I went to try them on and they just did not work for various reasons.
It's so fun to play dress up at Cartier. Every SA I've worked with has been lovely.

The Love necklace is very pretty! I would get it myself if not for the fact that I hardly wear necklaces, and I'm getting myself a tennis bracelet. Have you decided if you want a bracelet, necklace, earrings or ring?

I think every designer item is overrated but that doesn't stop me from buying :smile: I think if you really like it then you should get it :smile:

But about your question, I would say the trinity line is iconic Cartier.