Food Ice Cream Maker Recommendations

Lyn2005

Member since 2006 :)
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
Hi there! I just bought an ice cream maker last week! It's by Cuisinart (soft-serve mix-in), the 1.5 quart size. I find it's really wonderful, and really works. But the motor is a little loud, and you have to make sure that the mixture is well-chilled before you pour it into the bowl, or the final result won't be frothy and creamy.

The one I purchased has a motor and you leave it on for 20 min. and get ice cream or frozen yogurt or sherbet as an end result. There are cheaper versions out there, some require manual shaking or stirring too. PM me if you have any questions :biggrin:

i_wona

like two plums
O.G.
Jan 10, 2007
I have the magimix icecream maker - I love it!

Downsides: it's a bit small (1.5 litres) and you have to freeze the bowl for a few hours in advance. Other than that I have no complaints!

ProfNot

Sylvie Guillem fan
O.G.
May 10, 2006
I've had a few ice cream / sorbet makers and my current Cuisinart is my favorite.

One of the things I like is that there are very few parts. I've lots small parts of other machines (during moves) making the machines useless. I like knowing that if I break the item that stirs the mix, Cuisinart has been around for a long time and will probably have the part for years to come.

Lyn2005 is right about chilling the ingredients beforehand to get the best results. That works with pretty much all machines.