I would love your opinion!

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
Would you say the age range for Balenciaga is 20 - 50? Would the new lambskin hobo (sorry! - I am spaz & can't download pic!!) is mature enough for a woman in the latter age range who wears a tailored wardrobe?

I'll describe it. I saw it on the Balenciaga website. It is a hobo with a zippered front pocket and a buckle detail on the lower ends of the bag with a beautiful braided detailing on the strap. I haven't seen the bag IRL yet, but hope to soon and just wanted to get your advice! TIA! :biggrin:

Personally I think that Bbags are very classic, timeless and ageless. I am 40 and would be delighted to carry the hobo. I wouldn't go for vibrant pink but I never choose pink anyway!

I love the praline colour in that bag and if I had a spare £575 I'd buy it today :o)

There are many of us who are over 40, and I'm over 50. I can think of at least five of us on the PF who are over 50 who are Bbags addicts. Bbags are for anyone! I'm going to the Bal website right now to check out which bag you are referring to. :smile:

I went to the website, and I think you may be talking about the "Day" or "Pompon." If you just point to the bag, the name will pop up. If you wear tailored clothing to work, I think a part-time or midday would work better, but that is just my personal preference. There are great modeling shots of different members of the PF modeling their bags while wearing different clothes. Decophile, one of our long time members, has great photos wearing a multitude of styles - she is an attorney, and she wear many different Bbag styles, so I'm sure those photos can help you.

OMG! Thank you Lovelygarments for the pics! It really helped!!! Meganka is wearing the bag I am talking about!!! I'm so excited! Are you really sure it looks ok on someone 50+? Also, one other question - when you place the bag down, does it keep it's shape with the feet or does the bag spread like an oameba? The bags look soooo soft which is what I want my next bag to be! If it helps @ all, my wardrobe is 95% from Banana Republic. So, would I be a candidate for this bag? Orange is my favorite color but I think the Raisin would work better with my fall wardrobe. However, I'm afraid of it making too much of a statement. My work is actually laid back and relaxed but I guess I like dressing safely 'cause it's just easier for me to put myself together (belted cardigans, wide leg pants, sweaters, etc.)

You have been such a help! Thank you soooo very much! I'm going to try and see this bag IRL when I go to NYC, perhaps holiday sale time?!

I am 50something and wear Bbags all the time! They go with everything! Don't limit yourself because of age! You can find the right Bbag for anything you wear or do! Who cares what age you are? Live life and enjoy!

Ok, "Spaz" here took your advice and the bag I am referring to is called the "day" bag! I am a shoulder bag wearer. It is the only type of bag I am comfortable with because when I move around a lot, I like my hands free. I like it because it is made from lambskin leather and that is what I am looking for. I also like it because Bal bags have a bohemian feel to them. They are not like the rest. While I agree with you muggles about wearing what I like, I don't think studs are for me. Probably, I'm too conservative. I just wanted to be sure that it was okay for me to be wearing that kind of cutting edge bag when I really visualize it on my 24 year old niece. - I guess I am looking for approval! I am most comfortable in a pair of jeans, sandals and t-shirt. To work, well, I already mentioned, right out of Banana Republic. - There clothes were made for me! ;) Anyway, you guys are sooo sweet for helping! I will keep you apprised.

BgaHolic, :idea:
Welcome! I am over 50 and the Day bag style is my favorite too. It is all about what works for you in comfort and convenience when it comes to handbags for me. You can always buy a bag from a Dept. store such as Nordstrom's or Barney's and see what you think. If a Day bag style isn't what you like, you can return it and try another style. Also they take returns for money back instead of just credit. I think though once you try one you will love it. They also have a new style coming out that is new and is called the Club. It is new and not quite out there yet but it is also a shoulder bag with less length and a little wider and structure at the bottom. I am to receive a Club style in a few days so I will post it when I get it. There is a thread with it right here: http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...ler-version-of-day-481544.html?highlight=club That might also be a consideration. I see Bals looking great on everyone and what is nice is you can dress them up or down. Just as GothicFaerie said though, it is also in the colors you choose for what works. Bright pink to me is a younger color.

Ok, "Spaz" here took your advice and the bag I am referring to is called the "day" bag! I am a shoulder bag wearer. It is the only type of bag I am comfortable with because when I move around a lot, I like my hands free. I like it because it is made from lambskin leather and that is what I am looking for. I also like it because Bal bags have a bohemian feel to them. They are not like the rest. While I agree with you muggles about wearing what I like, I don't think studs are for me. Probably, I'm too conservative. I just wanted to be sure that it was okay for me to be wearing that kind of cutting edge bag when I really visualize it on my 24 year old niece. - I guess I am looking for approval! I am most comfortable in a pair of jeans, sandals and t-shirt. To work, well, I already mentioned, right out of Banana Republic. - There clothes were made for me! ;) Anyway, you guys are sooo sweet for helping! I will keep you apprised.

I'm over 50, an attorney, and the Day bag is my favorite Bal. I wear one almost every day with a variety of clothing styles. I think it is fine to wear with the kind of work outfits that you describe and it is definitely fine with jeans, tee shirts and sandals. I say GO For It.

I know so many that carry Bal bags and love them, that are MUCH older than the ages you referenced. They carry wild, crazy, fun, colours to boot. I don't think they have an age written on them.

Thanks everyone! Thanks Gothicfaerie, lovelygarments, muggles & TMitch6542, and Pinksuadesoho!! I will keep you all apprised of what I do. You have convinced me. Thanks again!