I would love some purse advice.

jlaw

Nov 28, 2006
Hello all, I found this forum while shopping for a purse for my wife for Christmas. Man, am I glad I did. It stopped me from making a few mistakes. At least I don’t feel completely blind anymore about what to possibly get because I was hoping to pick something out for her so she would be surprised. She has said in passing that she needs a new black purse. I was hoping to spend $1,000 or less and I was thinking of the black Diorissimo Multi-Pocket Hobo, but I am completely open to suggestions. Thanks for any help.

I am sure this is a stupid question, but I am not familiar with presale, is that something you can go to the store and inquire about? What bags are going on sale?

also, she is not as crazy about the bags with a lot of gold in them, or that the gold was too strong of color. I guess what I am trying to say as that the more muted the gold the better. the gucci has a "buttergold" that she really liked.

How would you describe her style? :shrugs:

Would you say her style is casual? Smart? Fashionable? Conservative?

What kind of bags does she generally buy/is she drawn to? Does she like slouchy, or structured bags? You mention the Diorissimo Multi-Pocket Hobo, does she normally carry/like hobos? Does she like clutches? Totes? Messengers? Satchels?

Personally, I think the Diorissimo is too structured for a hobo, but that's probably just me. :biggrin:

If you aren't sure about what all the types of bag are called, this site is really helpful (courtesy of pb! :flowers:):

Carrum Saccus HANDBAG GLOSSARY

I am trying to figure out her style and its not easy. This process is very foreign to me, but I certainly appreciate your help. My thought was to buy a designer bag which I have heard of Dior, LV, G&D, Kate Spaid, etc. because I assumed they were the best. She only has one other Prada purse and then some other "non designer" type stuff. All I really know is that she needs a more casual black purse. Her friend has a fendi bag that she really likes I think it is the lambskin/patent eylet bag.

Passerby, I have heard that braids on the handle are in-style and she saw a gucci one with a braided handle and didn't care for it as much.

CH, that cannage purse does look awesome, but is the best price you know of $1,495? What could I reasonbly expect to get it for? Thanks for your help. If you have any questions about the NFL, NBA, or fantasy football please let me know.

anybody have any thoughts on the Fendi 8BR457 Selleria Hobo?
yhst-44392467725992_1926_10773602

I am very picky about what I like and my poor hubby would be completely lost if he was trying to do this. When my hubby wants to get me a bag he arranges to take me on a 'special' shopping expedition. He pre-arranges appointments with SA's who are then extra nice to me when I get to the shop with him to chose something. At my last 'special' shopping trip he had arranged for a bottle of champagne to be opened and I felt very special and loved while I got to do my favorite thing, pick a bag!

For around $1,000 you could get her a Ferragamo Marissa bag with either gold or silver hardware. The leather is gorgeous, and it is a classic style. I bought one myself last summer, and I love it. If you are considering getting her another Prada the black leather hobo is gorgeous. I bought that bag too not too long ago. I'll post some pics for you to see.

The first pic is the Ferragamo Marissa bag. The second pic is the Prada hobo.

Another option would be a Marc Jacobs Blake bag in black. I also have that bag, and it's a beauty. Here's a pic. It is the bag on the right.

Good luck! Let us know what bag you decide to get.

For around $1,000 you could get her a Ferragamo Marissa bag with either gold or silver hardware. The leather is gorgeous, and it is a classic style. I bought one myself last summer, and I love it. If you are considering getting her another Prada the black leather hobo is gorgeous. I bought that bag too not too long ago. I'll post some pics for you to see.

I agree! Ferragamo has beautiful classic bags. I don't think you can go wrong.

And may I say Jlaw what a wonderful husband you are for going through the trouble of creating a membership and doing so much legwork. We should all be as lucky as your wife! :yes: