I won/paid for an item, then ebay ended the auction. Now what?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. On April 1st, I won an auction on ebay and I paid immediately. The next day I sent the seller an email, asking when I could expect the package. No answer. On April 3, I received an email from ebay saying that they had pulled the auction.

I have sent the seller two emails asking for my money back and they have not responded. I emailed ebay and I received what seems to be a generic response back, suggesting that I contact the seller.

It's not a lot of money- under $20, but nevertheless, I want my money back. This has never happened to me before so I'm not sure what to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. I had this happen to me once years ago. I even forgot what I bought, but I bought something, paid and then ebay sent me the same ending the auction notice. I freaked, of course, but was able to get a hold of the seller who said that she believed Ebay ended the auction because of their spamming rules. She already had my shipping label printed and went ahead and sent it to me and I received it just fine. It was kind of scary though, so you may want to continue to try and contact the seller, especially if they have good FB then maybe is was just a spamming infringement or something simple like that.

Otherwise I'd call Ebay directly. Since they are the ones that ended the auction, then I think they should be the ones to tell you how to go about getting your money back!

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

3. Thanks for replying lmartinx1. I have sent the seller 3 emails and have not gotten a response yet. I had sent them a response a day after I won the auction, asking when they planned on shipping me the bag. No reply. Then I received the email from ebay (2 days after I won). Since then, I have sent 2 emails to the seller. No reply.

I contacted ebay again and they sent me an email saying I should contact paypal. I started to do the paypal dispute (saying I have not received the package) and before I hit submit, it said since I only won the auction less than a week ago, I should allow more time for shipping).

I don't mind having to wait if I would just hear back from the seller to see if they shipped it or not. This seller does have 100% feedback.

I guess I'l give it a few more days and then go on with the dispute. Thank God it's only a $20 but this has put a bad taste in my mouth about ebay. I'll stick with the MP from now on.

4. I just received a reply from the email I sent the seller through ebay (I emailed through ebay and also through the email that I got from paypal). The seller apologized for not replying to my email sooner and said that their daughter was sick was taken to the hospital but that it was shipped on Thursday and they provided a DC # (which said it was shipped on that date).

The seller said the auction was pulled b/c ebay thinks they used someone's else's pictures in the auction but that it was not true.

I should receive my item soon....I hope!

5. Keep us updated! In this case if you had not heard from the seller you would need to have called Paypal because in this case the dispute would not have been for package not received but auction pulled by eBay. There must be a different way to settle these.