I wish I loved my Black City...

Gosh, I didn't even think of that! I'm so glad I've just waited to do anything. I'm normally one to act before real consideration. lol My DH is so cute...he knows I've been upset about my bag, and tonight he brought home some leather cleaner/conditioner (for a car, mind you) from walmart and said, "Babe, try this." Inside I cringed, but I said, "Thank you sweetie, I'll take a look at it." I probably shouldn't bring up my dry black city around him anymore. lol

That is SO sweet. I might try what others have suggested a use a tiny bit of this product on the tassels. If it's formulated for leather, it might be okay - and it sounds as if it would have only minor conditioning it (if it's for car leather). Anyway, it's conditioner you're looking for.

To those posting about longterm effects of Lubriderm: Thanks! I'm a-skeered of AppleGuard because of previous threads here and so am mystified how to really moisturize a bag.:confused1:

Someone else have a view on longterm use of Lubriderm?

if you decide to condition your black city - please do post pictures and let us know how it goes! :yes:

i received a truffe twiggy from balny not too long ago and she was terrible! sooo dry and had no character whatsoever. normally i'm one to not say anything, but for $1100 i was like 'no, screw this' LOL and sent her back the next day - then i called up and made sure i spoke with kim & explained it to her & she sent me an AMAZING bag. if i ever order from them again i'll def. refuse to order from the original SA i had :sad: i felt like she knowingly sent me a reject... so i know how you feel. it's v. disappointing.. i'm sorry & hope you can revive her!

I'm glad you are happy with your twiggy!!! I wish I would have sent her bag, but that's all water under the bridge now. Ironically, (I had forgotten) this one was an exchange too. The first 2006 Black City I received came with split tassels and was missing the spare set, and it looked used. Anyhow, I think I will be trying the moisturizer. =)

thanks so much for the the help and tips, gals. I really appreciate it. I'll post "after" pics when I treat her. I'm going to try to use her for a couple of weeks straight, and then use conditioner...I think. So we shall see. At least I have hope now. lol

Great! Of course there is hope! These bags were made to become better and squishier with time and use! Bonding time with your City! I'm sure you will love her so much after you condition her!

I'm glad you are happy with your twiggy!!! I wish I would have sent her bag, but that's all water under the bridge now. Ironically, (I had forgotten) this one was an exchange too. The first 2006 Black City I received came with split tassels and was missing the spare set, and it looked used. Anyhow, I think I will be trying the moisturizer. =)

wow.. split tassels and no extra's? :wtf: :tdown: that's terrible! for the cost of these bags i really do think there should be more consistency... i'm so sorry you got two "bad" bags :Push:

I would moisturize it with Apple Leather Conditioner, 2 coats, let it soak in and dry between coats, then buff if off with a soft cloth. You will love your bag afterwards. It also will help keep the corners from scuffing and keep the bag from getting scuffs and scratches. Apple products are made from leather and have been around for a long time. I can't suggest Lubriderm because it's for living skin, not leather and it made one of my friends bags stinky. Like a rancid oil odor. This didn't occur until several months later, so use with caution. I know some have had good results but I trust Apple products.
I even use them on my white bags and they have never yellowed them at all.
Plus Apple doesn't take away the sheen and make the bag dull like some other products do.
Good luck and I think if you moisturize it, you will see a trasformation. Leather needs moisture, that's my belief. I moisturize the seats in my car and they look great and don't scuff or absorb stains as easily, so why not handbags? :smile: