I wish I loved my Black City...

oo_let_me_see

100% Puerto Greekan
O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
My poor black city is dry and crackly. It has practically no wrinkles or veins, and no character. =( I got it from Bal NY in Jan/Feb. I didn't know any better regarding the leather because it was one of my first bbags, otherwise I would have sent it back and picked another one. Worse, the back of the bag is sagging more than the front, so it's doesn't slouch evenly. I don't want to buy another one, because I have this one and there are so many other colors to get (if I were going to spend another $1200!). BUT on the other hand, I mostly wear my Black City, so I wish I loved it! =( Probably sounds silly, but I want to cry...

Attachments

• black 001 467x350.jpg
    black 001 467x350.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 295
  • black 002 467x350.jpg
    black 002 467x350.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 217
Do you think you can tell Balenciaga that and get a replacement? I mean for $1200 you want the leather to be nice and the bag to wear evenly rigth? I mean I may be talking out of my rear end as I am not a bbag owener (sadly, but plan on being one soon).

But for that money I would definitely call them and see what you can get out of it.

I think the problem is that after 10 days you can't exchange the bag with BalNY. They will claim that the OP should have made that decision within the given timeframe.

I would do what Sassy recommends and try to moisturize the bag....HTH!

I know how you feel... But frankly, to me, the pics show great potential for this bag. With a little bit of love and moisturizing it could be 1000% :drool: If you don't want to treat her, I say sell her and buy a new black city.

BalNY isnt going to take it back. And I am 100% opposed to treating bags with any appleguard crap (lots of chemicals you dont want on your leather), and opposed to treating bags in general. BUT, my daughter just lubed her Courier with Lubriderm a couple of weeks ago and I must say its 1000% better. It was dry also.

I had a black City and when it started to get the teensiest bit dry looking I sold it and moved on to another bag. No regrets!

Thanks all you wonderful people! I have not tried to treat her yet, as I have not treated any bag. I suppose my choices are just those, moisturize or sell and rebuy. I really don't want to spend the extra money right now, so I'm going to give it a shot. But I've read threads supporting Appleguard, others support Lubiderm, and then others...LMB. I feel like I only have one shot with this bag (lol), so which is it?! :confused1: