I will not buy makeup from Amazon again

there aren't many cosmetic items that I love so much I'll look for them when they're discontinued but I did get at least one nail polish from ebay. And I got a lipstick from MAC's program that searches for discontinued items.
I used to get hooked on certain lipstick colors and then they would disappear. I thought I had the answer with 3 Custom Color as they duplicate any shade you have and send them (they also have hundreds of old lipstick formulas) but the last time I used them I got 2 lipsticks, beautiful shades but the lipsticks were rancid. I threw them away and won't order from this company again. It's a shame because I really liked some of their own products and the duplicating lipstick colors was a needed service.

I used to get hooked on certain lipstick colors and then they would disappear. I thought I had the answer with 3 Custom Color as they duplicate any shade you have and send them (they also have hundreds of old lipstick formulas) but the last time I used them I got 2 lipsticks, beautiful shades but the lipsticks were rancid. I threw them away and won't order from this company again. It's a shame because I really liked some of their own products and the duplicating lipstick colors was a needed service.
that's a shame

Did you contact the company to discuss this out of curiosity?

No. Makeup imo is just something you don't buy online. I prefer to shop at department stores where they can do my makeover from time to time and I get experience different looks that are updated and modern and suitable to my complexion.

Then given a specific color palette, I might try to buy similar shades at pharmacies because don't want to wear Tom Ford lipstick or eyeshadow everyday, as they are quite pricey.

This is how I do makeup. And as much as I love certain shades, I realize companies do discontinue them to keep current, so I try to keep up to date, rather than clinging unto particular colors.

Reactions: makeupbyomar
Did you contact the company to discuss this out of curiosity?
No, I should have because it was expensive to get the 2 colors duplicated but I was mad at the time and decided I didn't want to go through the hassle of mailing the bad lipsticks back in order to get new ones or a refund and just decided to be done with the company and move on.

No, I should have because it was expensive to get the 2 colors duplicated but I was mad at the time and decided I didn't want to go through the hassle of mailing the bad lipsticks back in order to get new ones or a refund and just decided to be done with the company and move on.
seems odd that something that was made for you was rancid.....wouldn't that normally mean it was old?

seems odd that something that was made for you was rancid.....wouldn't that normally mean it was old?
Not necessarily old, but it could also be that this particular product was on the shelf for several years before being shipped, unusual for 3 Custom Colour. But it's definitely contaminated by bacteria.

Any rancid or off putting smell you smell in cosmetics, food etc, is the build up of the bacteria's feces, and it increases exponentially when the bacteria's population increases.