I will be fostering a Westie!!!!

lvn19644

Dec 4, 2006
Hi All

I just wanted to share my news. I live in Montreal, Quebec and there was a puppy mill that was recently shut down (over 500 dogs :-0(). I will be getting a Westie to foster tonight to join my own 2 Westies.

First time doing this so it should be an experience :-0). The dog will be a male...approx. 6 years old. I was told that I will have to treat it as a puppy regarding being house trained.

Will try and upload pictures of the cutie tomorrow.:biggrin:

Dawn

Hi All

I just wanted to share my news. I live in Montreal, Quebec and there was a puppy mill that was recently shut down (over 500 dogs :-0(). I will be getting a Westie to foster tonight to join my own 2 Westies.

First time doing this so it should be an experience :-0). The dog will be a male...approx. 6 years old. I was told that I will have to treat it as a puppy regarding being house trained.

Will try and upload pictures of the cutie tomorrow.:biggrin:

Dawn

Oh yaay! Bless you for doing this - the poor little pup doesn't know how his luck has just taken a change for the better.....lots of photos please!

Fostering is so important, especially in situations like this. You just saved this little guy's life. Fostering can be hard but very rewarding. Especially when they go to their forever home and the new parents tell you how happy they are, makes it all worth while. Wait until you see him to pick his name. Something will come to you, or he will tell you what it is.

I love fostering dogs! I have fostered a toy fox terrier, a chihuahua, a terrier mix, and 4 rottweilers. Foster dogs are so sweet and need lots of love and patience. I always find it bittersweet to give them up but know they are going to a good home. Bless you for helping a dog in need!

MarneeB said:
I love fostering dogs! I have fostered a toy fox terrier, a chihuahua, a terrier mix, and 4 rottweilers. Foster dogs are so sweet and need lots of love and patience. I always find it bittersweet to give them up but know they are going to a good home. Bless you for helping a dog in need!

"bittersweet" is the word, I guess. :smile:

Update:

He whispered to me that he wanted to be called Angus :-0). He is settling in great. My little one (5 years old) tried to show him who the boss of the house was but he showed him that he was not having any of it and made a noise that scared my little one :-0).

Told hubby that he was showing me more affection than my own but I guess he is happy to be where he is safe. Will try and upload pictures tonight when I get home (hubby leaves for work at 2:30 and I get home at 3:45 so he won't be alone for long...anyways he's got his brother and sister to chat with :-0).

Dawn

lvn19644 said:
Update:

He whispered to me that he wanted to be called Angus :-0). He is settling in great. My little one (5 years old) tried to show him who the boss of the house was but he showed him that he was not having any of it and made a noise that scared my little one :-0).

Told hubby that he was showing me more affection than my own but I guess he is happy to be where he is safe. Will try and upload pictures tonight when I get home (hubby leaves for work at 2:30 and I get home at 3:45 so he won't be alone for long...anyways he's got his brother and sister to chat with :-0).

Dawn

Nice! Yup, pics when u have time, please. :smile:

Sounds like all is going well. Remember it is ok to cry when he is ready to go to his forever home. I cry every time. LOL

Yesterday I got an email that there is a man in my province who would like to adopt my little Angus :-0(. I have to set up a time for him to come and visit and see if he like him then they would have to do a home visit with him. When I read the email I said to myself "OMG so sooon he was just starting to love his new MOMMY" lol.

He is a very affectionate dog. Always looking for affection from me (which I am surprised being that he is a puppy mill dog). But at least I know that the Westies in Need organization thoroughly checks out who they release their dogs to so I know he will be going to a good home. He is a single male who lives in an apartment/condo. I will call him this morning.

Battery in camera ran out yesterday when I was trying to upload pics. Will try again tonight.

There were about 8 westies seized from this mill and one of the females gave birth to a litter of I think 6 puppies......BTW we are known as the puppy mill capital of Canada and this seizure of what I thought was 500 is actually over 600 dogs was the largest ever in Canada. Yesterday they announced that they will be putting in force stricter fines on puppy mills.

Dawn

That's great news! Wow, that was quick. But now it will free you up to help another one. Hoping for the perfect forever home for little Angus.