I went to Bicester for the first time today....

goldfinch_uk

Dec 9, 2007
....and NO I didn't buy anything (cos I bought a nude Blenheim at Cheshire Oaks last week) but you'd all be proud of me cos I enabled my mum and she bought her first Mulberry. She's now the proud owner of a beige leather/pale blue lining-fabric Roseberry :biggrin:

I had three Grazia pages stored up so I let her use one to get a 10% discount card. Good news! Although these cards have the date stamped on them, they don't put your name on them so it's possible to share your card :nuts: Hopefully that will come in handy at the meet!

Sounds like you had a good time and congrats to your mum. You did well getting your mother in Mulberry - mine took one look at the prices, came over all faint & said she'd wait in the car!
So what did you think of Bicester? Did they have some lovely bags????

Bicester's really nice, the village as a whole has a lot more high-end shops than Cheshire Oaks. I actually think that Chesh Oaks Mulberry has slightly more space for actual bags though, because some of the space at Bicester is taken up with clothes.

Apart from a lemon Roxy and an aqua Roxy I didn't notice any bags that really stood out today, they were all basically the same styles and colours as at Cheshire Oaks last week - no Bayswaters or Rosemarys and no current season bags apart from a beige patent Latimer.

Tasselled Blenheims in nude and coconut
Coconut tasselled Phoebe
Oak Phoebes
Lemon Alana
Brooke in oak and in snakeskin
Small navy Smithfield (£417 - I'd have loved this but it's too expensive)
Large brown Smithfield
Antonys in ginger and dark red (Bordeaux?)
Brown Rio Woody (this is a really, really nice messenger)
Chocolate Belle
Oak printed Belle

....sorry I couldn't stop to note more down, but my mum was absolutely desperate to get into the Wedgewood shop!

I must say it doesn`t sound like very good stock.........can they restock it for us on the 10th MAY - or I might end up buying a Tod`s !!!!

Oh God the bags in Tod's were TDF!!!!!!! And Celine had a little tan bag I coveted.....I very nearly veered from the true path :graucho:

Did you see the mini bag keychains in Celine? They were so gorgeous - tiny leather versions of Celine handbags. And, like, £40 or something - relatively (!) reasonable.

I've got a celine bag and purse - I usually carry it when I'm poshed up in a suit and heels, love it, and would really love a boogie bag at some point.

Sorry - no Somerset Hobos today :sad:

Jimmy Choo was funny.....the SAs on the door really obviously checked out our feet to see what shoes we were wearing. I have a large collection of posh shoes including several pairs of Choos but sadly today I was wearing my clumpy, comfy MBTs (they're great for my back!) and my mum was wearing some old canvas shoes so I don't think they rated us much :roflmfao:

Paul Smith had the most amazing green patent shoes though, if I could have bought anything today it would have been those! I think I'll be going back at the weekend you know.....my OH is very interested in checking out the Tag Heuer shop, he is to Tag watches what I am to Mulberry bags, and his bonus is burning a hole in his pocket :biggrin:

Glad you had a fun time at Bicester today! Very restrained not to buy anything from Mulberry.
Funny, I've got some MBTs too!!! Not the most beautiful shoes but good for walking about. Standing becomes interesting!! I call them my wobbly shoes :lol:

Jimmy Choo was funny.....the SAs on the door really obviously checked out our feet to see what shoes we were wearing. I have a large collection of posh shoes including several pairs of Choos but sadly today I was wearing my clumpy, comfy MBTs (they're great for my back!) and my mum was wearing some old canvas shoes so I don't think they rated us much :roflmfao:

Whenever I've gone into that Jimmy Choo, I've been wearing Converse and hadn't noticed the SAs checking out my shoes :confused1: I've found them to be (overly!) helpful, actually :tup: