i went, i saw and i FINALLY bought!

Feb 8, 2007
so, for all of you who have been following my journey about making a decision about which bag to buy, i finally bought one today!
i bought (drumroll please!) a mono neverfull mm AND had my initials put on it...i love it...i've been schlepping it around all day and it's been standing up to its "neverfull" name!
so, thank you all for your patience and advice! it really helped!

while i was in the boutique though, there was a very angry man yelling at the sa who had helped me...he was totally in her face and being very intimidating...so, being a teacher, and one of the programs i teach is being a bystander or an "upstander", i decided to take some of what i teach and use it...i said to the man "you really don't need to be yelling at her" to which he replied "I AM NOT TALKING TO YOU", to which i said "yes, i am aware of that, but you are frightening and intimidating her"...meanwhile the sa had gone to check on the wallet that he was shouting about and i went to her and asked her if she wanted me to get security and she said no...when she got back to the man, i stayed an waited and he did take it down a few notches...i mean WTH is wrong with people???

ok, vent over....

again, thanks for all the help!!!
xoxoxo

Congrats!! And good for you for speaking up and trying to calm down the situation. I always feel bad for SAs that have to deal with rude customers. As much as we like to say the customer is always right, it doesn't give them the right to yell at people. You attract more bees with honey than with vinegar!

Nico_79 said:
Congrats!! And good for you for speaking up and trying to calm down the situation. I always feel bad for SAs that have to deal with rude customers. As much as we like to say the customer is always right, it doesn't give them the right to yell at people. You attract more bees with honey than with vinegar!

I agree! Good for you! It's wonderful you got involved! I'm consistently amazed at how rude some people can be. I have a close friend that is an LV SA. She tells me stories and I see some on here too of people that act utterly ridiculous over silly inconsequential things. It would be a hard job. She it's a toss-up sometimes between being upset and trying not to laugh. She talks a lot about people trying to return things they have damaged themselves and then getting irate about it.

I'm so glad you stuck up for the SA. It was really nice of you.

I wish sometimes these people could be forced to watch a video tape of how they behave. Although for some people, even when it gets pointed out they are acting ridiculous, they just become verbally abusive or defensive. I'm glad he settled down, even if it was only a little.

:dothewave::dothewave::dothewave:

Congrats! I hope you enjoy your bag and do not associate the bizarre behavior of the man with the purchase. I applaud you for standing up to him. We live in a society where so many are afraid to speak up - you are an inspiration!

Based on your description under your avatar, I assume you are from the Mass. region. That is the birthplace of the good old USA where we do not take things lying down - we may misstep here and there but we do our best to stick by what we believe. I may be on my soapbox, but I love that you did not bury your head in the sand. You did what so many are too afraid or too apathetic to do. Rock on! And rock that bag!!!

Thanks, all. I teach history of WWII, specifically the Holocaust. Students start to realize that any bullying that goes unchecked can escalate. When people bully and others stand around and watch it happen they contribute to the bullying by remaining silent. It bothered me that this man felt that he was entitled to speak to another person that way, and it was frightening to see. I just feel that I need to lead by example. If people see someone standing up for someone else, maybe the next time they'll think about doing it.

On another note, I am looking at my bag and loving it!!!

Congrats on the NF, it is a bag that I want too! I never know why people think its ok to yell at other people and why they think it will get resolved quicker or better than a calm conversation. I think its great that you stood by the SA and stuck up for her..Hopefully the man felt bad about how he treated her.

Thanks, all. I teach history of WWII, specifically the Holocaust. Students start to realize that any bullying that goes unchecked can escalate. When people bully and others stand around and watch it happen they contribute to the bullying by remaining silent. It bothered me that this man felt that he was entitled to speak to another person that way, and it was frightening to see. I just feel that I need to lead by example. If people see someone standing up for someone else, maybe the next time they'll think about doing it.

On another note, I am looking at my bag and loving it!!!
I love that! Very nice of you.
I know some people see it as getting in someone else's business but you can't just stand there and watch as well because you are just as guilty.
I'm glad you had the courage to do what was right. Enjoy your bag- you deserve it!