i went, i saw and i FINALLY bought!

Thanks, all. I teach history of WWII, specifically the Holocaust. Students start to realize that any bullying that goes unchecked can escalate. When people bully and others stand around and watch it happen they contribute to the bullying by remaining silent. It bothered me that this man felt that he was entitled to speak to another person that way, and it was frightening to see. I just feel that I need to lead by example. If people see someone standing up for someone else, maybe the next time they'll think about doing it.

On another note, I am looking at my bag and loving it!!!

Congratulations on your NF! Wear it in the best of health. I visited many places affected by WWII last year, and a trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau was very humbling, indeed.

Thanks, Venice. Have you read any books by elie Wiesel? If not, I highly recommend "night", about his time in auschwitz.

That book has been on my "to read" list for years! Also, my sister's FIL is a Polish-Catholic Auschwitz survivor. He is still living and my sister says that he has written 75 pages or more about his time there. I want so badly to read them.

Congrats on your new bag and that is great you stood up for the SA. It is amazing how rude some people can be and sadly it is too common. Your story reminds me of that show "What would you do?" Where they have hidden cameras to see what people step in and what people don't under certain circumstances.

Congrats on your NF - beautiful choice!
So glad to hear that you stood up to that crazy guy. It irks me so much when people think they have a sense of entitlement, *just because*.....
I really admire you for educating kids on bullying. You go, woman! That NF is WELL deserved!!

so, for all of you who have been following my journey about making a decision about which bag to buy, i finally bought one today!
i bought (drumroll please!) a mono neverfull mm AND had my initials put on it...i love it...i've been schlepping it around all day and it's been standing up to its "neverfull" name!
so, thank you all for your patience and advice! it really helped!

while i was in the boutique though, there was a very angry man yelling at the sa who had helped me...he was totally in her face and being very intimidating...so, being a teacher, and one of the programs i teach is being a bystander or an "upstander", i decided to take some of what i teach and use it...i said to the man "you really don't need to be yelling at her" to which he replied "I AM NOT TALKING TO YOU", to which i said "yes, i am aware of that, but you are frightening and intimidating her"...meanwhile the sa had gone to check on the wallet that he was shouting about and i went to her and asked her if she wanted me to get security and she said no...when she got back to the man, i stayed an waited and he did take it down a few notches...i mean WTH is wrong with people???

ok, vent over....

again, thanks for all the help!!!
xoxoxo
Congrats on your decision and good for you for standing up for the SA.... I think that sometimes people go on a rampage and don't even realize how ridiculous they sound!!!

Thanks, Venice. Have you read any books by elie Wiesel? If not, I highly recommend "night", about his time in auschwitz.

I can also attest to "Night" by Elie Wiesel being a wonderful book. It's very short, too!

Congrats on your NF! I'd love to see mod pics from you in the "Pics of your LV in action" thread in the future :speedy:

Glad you said something. A good response to "I am not talking to you", would have been, "Well, I could clearly hear you all the way over there, so I thought you must be talking to all of us." hee hee. Glad you got your NF. I recently got my first too....the GM, and I have carried it everywhere since. I loooove it!