I went for my fostering interview yesterday...

he432

sofa king awesome
O.G.
Feb 15, 2008
and will be starting in September when I'm back at school!!

I did want to get a pet but I couldn't bring it home because it's already a zoo and it wouldn't be fair for anyone.

The intake lady was all excited about the quantity of animals I've had and that I was willing to take problem dogs (we've had them before at home, I know what I'm getting into!) and pretty much anything that I could help.

I feel SO SO SO good about this, rather than helping one dog or cat by adopting it, I can help a larger number AND fill my homesickness for my pets while I'm at school!

I'm always glad to hear that people are fostering. I've tried it in the past and both dogs were adopted out. I always worried that the dogs I was fostering wouldn't find homes and then I'd feel so bad for them going from foster to foster home. Either way its better than the alternative(the shelter or euthanization).

Wow! Congrats and thank you for doing this. I would love to do this also since I'm at school but my apartment ownerrs do not allow animals.

How amazing of you to do this! You are going to make such a huge impact! :smile:

I fostered a puppy for the weekend for an adoption event and LOVED it...so much fun!

I'm always glad to hear that people are fostering. I've tried it in the past and both dogs were adopted out. I always worried that the dogs I was fostering wouldn't find homes and then I'd feel so bad for them going from foster to foster home. Either way its better than the alternative(the shelter or euthanization).

I was a little concerned about this too but the woman from the humane society was very upfront about their euthanization practises and average stays (5 days for dogs, 15 days for cats)

They will not euthanize for space and in fact foster out many more animals in the summer due to the influx of puppies and kittens and surrenders.

Wow! Congrats and thank you for doing this. I would love to do this also since I'm at school but my apartment ownerrs do not allow animals.

Do they not allow any animals at all or are there limitations eg. no dogs? My local shelter is even looking for people to take guinea pigs and hamsters when they are having space constraints.

finally a group of people who get it!!! All of my friends have been laughing at me for how excited I am for this, especially since I start with "I'm going to be a foster mom!" and they respond "someone is giving YOU a CHILD?!?!" (I'm not exactly known for my skill with or fondness for children, funny since I'm a learn to skate coach)

finally a group of people who get it!!! All of my friends have been laughing at me for how excited I am for this, especially since I start with "I'm going to be a foster mom!" and they respond "someone is giving YOU a CHILD?!?!" (I'm not exactly known for my skill with or fondness for children, funny since I'm a learn to skate coach)

You are doing an AMAZING thing and I am so proud of you!:yes:

Don't feel bad just because some people don't understand your enthusiasm