I washed my Antony - in the machine [emoji44]

1. Nordstrom Winter Sale Now Until February 24, Save Up To 40% With Free Shipping and Free Returns. SHOP NOW
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've just received my new to me Antony. He's an old guy and needed a decent clean so..... into the washing machine he went! - given he's roughly 10 years old the water was black so had to put him through twice!

Once he's dry completely dry I'll give him a good condition with leather honey.

I'm really happy so far.

Before and After washing received_356246001636068.jpeg 20190209_204008.jpeg

2. Sometimes you've just got to take the plunge and often it works out.......guessing this is a Darwin Ant? Almost looks like new again!

LolaLemon likes this.
  3. Wow! What a transformation

LolaLemon likes this.
  4. Yes he is Darwin! He's my first old man and it's defo love

Slowhand likes this.
  5. I know!

6. Well done!

LolaLemon likes this.
  7. Have started applying leather honey as worries he'll go dry & stiff. So far so good 20190210_185244.jpeg

Slowhand and rendodan110 like this.
  8. as long as you let him take his time drying, it should be no problem

LolaLemon likes this.
  9. Thanks Kriscat, how long does it usually take? I washed him on Saturday evening. He feels pretty much dry but I’m sure he can’t be already. I’m applying leather honey 2-3 times a day and letting him hang and air dry.

10. Advice ladies please...
    I just got this beautiful Ledbury....it was a steal because of the water stains to the bottom. I am prepared to take a risk with it as it was such a great buy!
    Washing machine???

74F8B5D6-03A0-443E-B7B2-3126F146F0AD.jpeg C0C21074-7CDA-4C95-9B9A-9878E657DB0A.jpeg
  11. No - you’ll ruin it

RebeccaClements and Amandines like this.
  12. I agree with Pessie, don't wash it. Try bending and working the leather to disperse the water.

13. EnglishGirl70 if you soak it in a bowl of water the entire bag will darken and the water stain should blend in . Personally I would live with the stain as the rest of the bag is stunning .

I dunked an Anthony many years ago after being caught in a storm when he just a few days old and he darkened but was fine .

14. 3 - 4 days if it's around 20 degrees and not too dry - leather balm can be applied when moist, so that is not a problem, rather the opposite, imo.