~I was wondering about LV Jewelry~

emjlovescj

Louis-Gucci!
Jan 29, 2009
Does anyone have any of the earrings,necklaces or rings?? I've seen people buy the bracelets, but IDK if I've come across anyone with other LV jewelry?

Just kinda curious if you were happy with your jewelry purchase, and if there were any "issues" that you came across when you wore it/bought it?I am thinking about buying the "sweet monogram earrings" (Going to the LV store @ saks Phipps plaza in Atlanta this weekend :yahoo:) ....Just wanted to hit up my fellow TPF'ers and see what you thought about the other jewelry...Pics would be nice too;).

P.S. I am anxiously awaiting for the arrival of my Roses scarf, and looking forward to my first REVEAL of my little ity bity (but still growing) LV collection....:wlae:!!!!

I love the LV jewelry and have a bunch of it. But you should remember that what you're looking at is not their fine jewelry line. It's 14K Gold over brass. Or if you're looking at the black and silver Sweet Monogram - it's silver.

I have several of the a la Folie earrings and necklaces and love them. But if they break, they can't be repaired.

Still....LOVE THEM
clearlafoile2.jpg

I frankly don't think LV is known for its costume jewelry. The "gold" plate wears off really quickly. I think it's overpriced for what you get. While I love LV for bags, for costume jewelry I don't think it's worth it. It's cute, but I don't feel like it's that well-made. Most of LV's plating over the last few years, even on their wallets, wears off fairly quickly. I suppose if you have spare money that you have nothing to do with and you're going to wear it very infrequently it would be okay, but I wouldn't purchase any of their costume line personally. I would rather get David Yurman two-tone or something or Tiffany's silver - something that would last a little longer for low-end jewelry. I hate it when plating wears off.

I frankly don't think LV is known for its costume jewelry. The "gold" plate wears off really quickly. I think it's overpriced for what you get. While I love LV for bags, for costume jewelry I don't think it's worth it. It's cute, but I don't feel like it's that well-made. Most of LV's plating over the last few years, even on their wallets, wears off fairly quickly. I suppose if you have spare money that you have nothing to do with and you're going to wear it very infrequently it would be okay, but I wouldn't purchase any of their costume line personally. I would rather get David Yurman two-tone or something or Tiffany's silver - something that would last a little longer for low-end jewelry. I hate it when plating wears off.

~I totally agree with you....I hate when Plating wears off, and when you consider that the plating on wallets and such wear off too, I think I will just go for tiffanys (luckly Tiffanys is around the corner from the LV store)...rather than take my chances on the LV jewlery. It is cute tho!

I love the LV jewelry and have a bunch of it. But you should remember that what you're looking at is not their fine jewelry line. It's 14K Gold over brass. Or if you're looking at the black and silver Sweet Monogram - it's silver.

I have several of the a la Folie earrings and necklaces and love them. But if they break, they can't be repaired.

Still....LOVE THEM
clearlafoile2.jpg

hhmmmm, so LV can't fix jewelry huh? I will consider this into my descision, but I probably will not buy the earrings because I was just starring at them for about an hour and changed my mind :sad:,BUT Thank you for sharing your pictures!

I have some fine jewellery.

I have 2 White Gold Charms that I wear together as a pendant and a WG Ring. The quality is floorless. I have worn the ring everyday for about 4 years and it still looks (almost) as good as the day I bought it.

I don't know much about the fancy jewellery lines but would tend to agree with previous posts, re:Plating etc.