I was supposed to show you pics of my Coach goodies but...

OMG, I somehow managed to miss this entire post!! I don't know how I did, but I just saw a reference to something bad in another thread. I feel bad not responding prior to this, so please accept my apologies!

I am so sorry!!! We are all here for you!!! :hugs:

I have to say that this is absolutely one of the WORST things I have ever heard of!!! :wtf: I'm a chemist, and I walked away from industry for a while because I got sick of all the s*it that went on. I have to say I have NEVER heard of this kind of thing happening, though, and believe me...there were a heck of a lot of people looking for other jobs at the last place I worked (even before the massive layoffs). A lot of people hated it there (including me). Not that we wanted to advertise the fact that we were looking for another job, just because it made life even tougher than it was, but I never heard of this..I am in a total state of shock!! Apparently from reading the other posts, NJ is also the same type of state. For me, after the layoffs at my company, I just got sick of it all, and decided I had enough! Since it was easy to get a real estate license, that's what I did (and actually I got the license well before the impending layoffs). I've done that and general sales ever since. I know something will come along for you soon that you are much happier with, so hang in there!! You are in my thoughts and prayers!!

I am going to ask them to reimburse me Monday when I call the HR person back. I think given the circumstances, it's warranted.

Well just talked to the HR person and that was an exercise in futility I think. She's going to talk to the director again but they are making it out like they are completely in the innocent. Basically sorry but not going to do anything about it. I can't even go into everything she said because I am so upset. Now I don't even want to look at anything I bought while there because it's got such bad kharma to me :sad:

Well just talked to the HR person and that was an exercise in futility I think. She's going to talk to the director again but they are making it out like they are completely in the innocent. Basically sorry but not going to do anything about it. I can't even go into everything she said because I am so upset. Now I don't even want to look at anything I bought while there because it's got such bad kharma to me :sad:

Argh that is so frustrating! I just can't believe these companies! :hysteric:

<<<HUGS>>>

We are here for you - I am so sorry things seem so bleak right now. The right job is out there for you, I just know it. Things will look up soon. And don't let this stupidity ruin your enjoyment of your beautiful black Ali- consider it the tiny silver lining in an otherwise frustrating situation.

I'm so sorry!! This is all just so, so terrible!!

If you have a phone number or an email address...any way to contact the director directly, I would recommend doing that and explain the entire story. I think in most cases they should reimburse you, especially under these circumstances. The amount makes a huge difference to you, but is a drop in the bucket to them...especially when companies waste money on so many stupid things.

I'm so sorry!! This is all just so, so terrible!!

If you have a phone number or an email address...any way to contact the director directly, I would recommend doing that and explain the entire story. I think in most cases they should reimburse you, especially under these circumstances. The amount makes a huge difference to you, but is a drop in the bucket to them...especially when companies waste money on so many stupid things.

I cc-ed her on my original email. I am considering whether i should just drop this or contact an upper-up in the hospital. I even said to the HR person that I'd be okay if they offered to split the cost of the trip because I don;t think they did anything malicious but that it was just handled poorly. We'll see how that goes. I have a feeling that I'm talking to a brick wall with the HR person and the director. I'll certainly handle the way I accept offers to visit differently in the future.