I was soooo fooled today!

Zuggy

Adopt don't shop
Jul 7, 2013
Beautiful Berks County, PA
So I'm in the checkout line at the grocery store when I noticed the bag of the woman in front of me. I was looking at what I thought was a large Phoebe. It was a gorgeous grey color with silver hardware with the center zip and the flanking snap compartments. I couldn't see the hang tag but I was SO CERTAIN it was a Phoebe that I asked the woman what the name of the color of her Phoebe was. She looked at me like I had 12 heads and was clearly confused. I pointed to her bag and said, this is a Phoebe, right? Her answer to me....no, it's Charming Charlie!!! If you don't have a Charming Charlie its kind of like a Claire's on steroids. They sell low priced costume jewelry and accessories.

I don't pretend to be a Coach expert but I'm pretty knowledgeable and can spot most knock-offs a mile away. I desperately wanted to touch it to feel the texture. Knowing it came from CC, I doubt it was even leather but man o man, it was reeeeaaaalllly nice. I now want to go to CC and check them out. Just dying to know the price point!

CoachMaven

Unintentional Trendsetter...
May 7, 2012
CC IS like Claire's on steroids! LOL The first time I ever went to one, it was system overload, I couldn't even absorb all I was looking at. They tend to have some nice from afar looking knockoffs or 'inspired' pieces, but I would never get one. Now you have me curious and want to go see this in person too....

Caspin22

Hopelessly addicted
Mar 1, 2013
Mesa, AZ
It's not leather and it's like $35. A gal I work with has one and she loves it...she had no clue it looks just like a Coach style. She just bought it because she liked it. Even the hardware that the handles attach to is the same. It does have a big outside zip pocket, which is the dead giveaway. Charming Charlie's is huge out here...

CCfor C

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
Here's a pic...also, they have Balenciaga and Mulberry "knockoffs"...it's definitely a place that will confuse you w/ all they have...but great for cheap earrings for a cruise, etc!

Attachments

Zuggy

Adopt don't shop
Jul 7, 2013
It's not leather and it's like $35. A gal I work with has one and she loves it...she had no clue it looks just like a Coach style. She just bought it because she liked it. Even the hardware that the handles attach to is the same. It does have a big outside zip pocket, which is the dead giveaway. Charming Charlie's is huge out here...
Re the hardware and handles, BINGO!! There are identical! As for the outside pocket, had I seen that I would have known it wasn't a Phoebe but the bag was sitting in the child seat area and the zipper must have been on the other side.

Zuggy

Adopt don't shop
Jul 7, 2013
Here's a pic...also, they have Balenciaga and Mulberry "knockoffs"...it's definitely a place that will confuse you w/ all they have...but great for cheap earrings for a cruise, etc!
I'm literally laughing out loud!!! The one and only time I was ever in CC was to get earrings for a cruise!!

Last edited:

zaara10

Dec 7, 2011
tpf
I've never heard of charming Charlie so I was curious & looked it up online... They really do copy every designer out there!

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

menamac

Mar 18, 2013
My first cc visit was last week and I pointed the phoebe knock off out to my mom. Very good replica, I was shockef at how alike it is to phoebe.

CoachMaven

Unintentional Trendsetter...
May 7, 2012
I went on their site, holy smokes is that almost identical! And for $39 to boot!

Kitts

Jan 30, 2014
I saw it in store a couple of weeks ago and did a double take. It is exactly like the Phoebe! Surprises me that they can copy designs like that.

I like the fun scarfs they have there and some of the clothes.

elisian

vintage queen
Oct 16, 2014
Portland, OR
I know PU doesn't look as good in person, smells and feels terrible, and often comes on handbags that aren't as well-made inside... but WOW, on the site, the CC knockoffs look LEGIT.

Once upon a time (quite recently) I lived in Ethiopia where all the fashionable city girls carry blinged-out trendy handbags and totter about in fake-suede heels. It was always amazing to see. Not many designer knockoffs but lots of cheap, gorgeous PU handbags from China.

Zuggy

Adopt don't shop
Jul 7, 2013
I know PU doesn't look as good in person, smells and feels terrible, and often comes on handbags that aren't as well-made inside... but WOW, on the site, the CC knockoffs look LEGIT.

Once upon a time (quite recently) I lived in Ethiopia where all the fashionable city girls carry blinged-out trendy handbags and totter about in fake-suede heels. It was always amazing to see. Not many designer knockoffs but lots of cheap, gorgeous PU handbags from China.
Forgive my ignorance but what does PU mean? :shame: