I was sold a fake wallet...

superstar

I Love You Mommy
O.G.
Oct 16, 2006
Please help me. I need to know what to do, in order to get my money back. What is the first thing I should do? contact the seller? do I contact paypal? I am so :cursing: I don't think I want to use ebay anymore.

TIA!

I'm so sorry to hear. I would contact the seller and see if you can get a refund I don't know what their return policy states otherwise I would file a claim with paypal. My sister bought a bag using my ebay id and it ended up being fake and I contacted the seller first and luckily the seller was really nice and willing to work with me and I was able to return it and get her money back. However, I know that is rare. If she refuses file a claim with paypal and you can always contact your credit card company too and put a claim in with them since the item is fake and try to get a chargeback.

You just have to be really careful with ebay. There are some authentic stuff out there and its a great place to find those rare or past season pieces. Otherwise, for current bags it really is worth the money and peace of mind imo to purchase it directly from the designer's store or dept. store. I really, really hope everything works out and you get your money back.

i agree with her methods...:tup:

if pay by paypal, file SNAD and ask for refund...

EBAY have to be REALLY careful, u have ot do yr research before buying

I'm so sorry to hear. I would contact the seller and see if you can get a refund I don't know what their return policy states otherwise I would file a claim with paypal. My sister bought a bag using my ebay id and it ended up being fake and I contacted the seller first and luckily the seller was really nice and willing to work with me and I was able to return it and get her money back. However, I know that is rare. If she refuses file a claim with paypal and you can always contact your credit card company too and put a claim in with them since the item is fake and try to get a chargeback.

You just have to be really careful with ebay. There are some authentic stuff out there and its a great place to find those rare or past season pieces. Otherwise, for current bags it really is worth the money and peace of mind imo to purchase it directly from the designer's store or dept. store. I really, really hope everything works out and you get your money back.

Can you post the link to the auction?

Did you have the wallet authenticated?

Just in case the listing is removed, request contact information from eb and copy the photos and listing description in case needed later.

Please post the auction... it's hard to advise w/out knowing what you have done so far.
Have the auction authenticated in the proper thread.
IF DEEMED FAKE, file a SNAD if you filed w/ PP.

But, please post the auction and tell us what you have done so far...

It has been authenticated here and deemed fake. You should ask the seller for a refund . If she says ok and to ship back then get confirmation of shipping. If over 250.00 with shipping then you need online signature confirmation from the post office ( the pink slip). If under 250.00 total shipping included then get delivery confirmation ( green slip) if seller gives you a hard time and does not want to refund file a paypal claim and then you can go to www.castira.com to get a letter of nonauthenticity for paypal. Call paypal and get the fax # and coversheet from them to send it over. Then after you call and confirm they have it escalate it to a claim. Paypal will then determine the outcome. You should get your money back. It may take up to 30 days for them to review the claim . If they decide in your favor you will then have to mail it back to paypal , the seller or destroy it. Paypal will instruct you what to do with the item.

Follow the last steps of my post

if seller gives you a hard time and does not want to refund file a paypal claim and then you can go to www.castira.com to get a letter of nonauthenticity for paypal. Call paypal and get the fax # and coversheet from them to send it over. Then after you call and confirm they have it escalate it to a claim. Paypal will then determine the outcome. You should get your money back. It may take up to 30 days for them to review the claim . If they decide in your favor you will then have to mail it back to paypal , the seller or destroy it. Paypal will instruct you what to do with the item. Make sure to get signature confirmation ( the pink slip ) when mailing it back to paypal or the seller. As soon as they have it back they should refund.

Thanks for all of your advice. The seller got back to me and she said to send the wallet back and she will give me a full refund. So what comes next? Do I leave her a negative feedback or nothing at all. I do feel bad if someone else where to purchase this fake wallet.

Thanks for all of your advice. The seller got back to me and she said to send the wallet back and she will give me a full refund. So what comes next? Do I leave her a negative feedback or nothing at all. I do feel bad if someone else where to purchase this fake wallet.

Make sure you send it back with some kind of delivery confirmation. If it's over a certain dollar amount, you should use signature confirmation. And use the seller's confirmed mailing address (which you can find through PayPal).

Does this seem like a genuine mistake? Are her other items authentic? If me I would leave feedback based on that and how cooperative she is about the refund and if you think she knew she was selling a fake . Some sellers are horrified to know they have done this some just refund so they will not get in trouble. Wait until you get a refund before you leave any feedback. Make sure to send back with signature confirmation. This will cover you in the event she said she never got it.