I was so happy with my LV purchase but then I got a nasty comment

Lionfish

Jan 30, 2017
How do you answer peoples ugly comments about your LV bag or Lv purchase?

The thing is that I have never bothered about peoples comments about me or my love for luxury items. But last week I recieved my lovely Pochette Metis. I was so happy and literally had butterflies on my way to the post office to collect my parcel.

After my unboxing I sent message and photo on my newest LV member to our family chat group (my mom, 2 cousins (they are sisters), aunt and another cousin)

One of my cousin replied immedietely that even if she was a millionaire she would never by anything from LV beacuse its animal cruelty and so on, her sister then replied with laughing emojis….

I don’t know if I’m just being ridiculous sensitive but that mad me really sad. Why not just be happy for each other than just say nasty things. I’m always super quick by replying but this time I felt like go f*ck yourself….

If you don’t have anything nice to say than say nothing…..

Have you ever gotten nasty comments and what did you do?

That's disappointing, yes, but I would let it roll off your back. You can't control other people or what they say, and she's entitled to her opinion. I would make a joke out of her response to break the tension you feel and let it go. The next time you get something nice, leave them off of the group text. You know now how they will respond. Chin up, and enjoy your PM!!!

I can't wait to get one, but would not share it with my mom, because she would have a similarly judge-y response.

That's disappointing, yes, but I would let it roll off your back. You can't control other people or what they say, and she's entitled to her opinion. I would make a joke out of her response to break the tension you feel and let it go. The next time you get something nice, leave them off of the group text. You know now how they will respond. Chin up, and enjoy your PM!!!

I can't wait to get one, but would not share it with my mom, because she would have a similarly judge-y response.

Thanks, you are so right. :cool:

I am so sorry to hear this but don't let that comment ruin your joy. There are always people like that who have to rain on someone's parade. I have experienced negative comments from a family member myself, but I couldn't care less honestly.
Let it go and don't share any future luxury purchases with them anymore. Only share with people who will understand and might share the same passion (like we do here on Purse Forum :flowers:).
Enjoy your new bag!

I tell only my mom and one sister about stuff like LV because they have an appreciation for it. My other two sisters would say something snarky in response. I was a little taken aback when my sister that I do tell told me she looked up my purse and was like wow!!! (Melie---just got it and yeah, it was over $1900 but my business). Otherwise no one is told and no one asks lol. My husband likes them and I love them, so that's all that matters! I've learned most people (even or maybe especially family) will disappoint you, and you'll probably disappoint them. I don't hold it against them but I'm not looking to have my feelings hurt either :smile:

Your coz's reaction seems so over the top and doth protest too much I'm tending to think she either thought you were bragging tactlessly, and wanted to "put you in your place", or she's envious. You alone know her to know if this is what she always does, to everyone, or if you rubbed her the wrong way this time ;)