I was saving for a Birkin but...

Congrats on your to be Lindy............ Like other members mentioned, Lindy will be more suitable for your age now (18 , OMG......... I feel soooooooooooooo old)........ then a Birkin will come when you are less expected dear............HBD in advance.........

Congrats and HBD!! ... great choice on 30 lindy ... but why black? Orange is classic H and fun, very age appropriate! .... Anyway, buy what you like and use the most!!

Congratulations, I think yu have done the right thing getting the Lindy. It s the right bag for you at this time. You have many years ahead of you to save for a Birkin if you still want one later on. In the meantime, enjoy your wonderful new bag!

Congratulations to the proud owner of Lindy! You should be proud of yourself to be able to buy Lindy from your own saving!! I'm sure the Lindy will fit your lifestyle perfectly; it won't let you down:yes:

I didnt get it yet. I am getting it in 87 days i want o make my birthday special. Trust me it took everything in me not to get yesterday but i really want to wait for my bday

CONGRATS on your lovely choice and your sweet story and excitement really made me :biggrin:

Already looking forward to seeing pics (just love black and gold), but also wanted to congratulate you on beeing so mature about the waiting part. I feel the same way - getting a b-day gift a few days early is one thing, but three months early would be too early - the joy will be lots bigger, if you pick her up then! :yahoo:

Congratulations, and what a special 18th it will be :biggrin:
I too was thinking about my first Birkin, but decided to go with the Lindy first. I only got mine yesterday, and already I am in love, it's just a perfect style and so comfortable to wear. I am already thinking about a Lindy no. 2, just have to decide what colour :smile:

Congratulations, it's a great choice. Aside from the fact that I personally don't like the Birkin, I agree with your mum that the Lindy is way more age-appropriate. I know it will probably sound slightly ridiculous coming from a 19 year old mouth, but you have great, refined taste for your age. Most girls in high school only use designer bags to show off, you, on the other hand, understand the value of quality...and understatement, too.

On another note, I laud you for being able to delay gratification at your age. It's a highly underrated virtue and one that will take you far in life.

Also, I completely agree with this. You have every right to be proud of yourself, and you sure deserve your present.

Please post pictures when it arrives! :smile:

Fabulous and wise choice and wishing you a very happy birthday to come. And your timing in delaying the Birkin may be wise too as the current popularity may have worn off a bit by then. Many congratulations.

In 86 days, I'm looking forward to your reveal!

The Lindy is stunning, and quickly becoming iconic. It's a change from the H structured bags, beautifully organized, and easy to carry. I think it is an excellent choice - a bag you'll be rocking for decades!