I was robbed. Some of my Chanel is gone forever :(

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Sabrina, I am so sorry.

2. So sorry to hear this happened to you! Hopefully they will catch the thieves and recover your items! Thanks for the tips too!

3. Sorry to hear about your robbery. Thank you for sharing these tips. Be safe :}

4. Ah Sabrina, that sucks! Thankfully your bags were safe.

5. I'm very sorry to hear this. Just be thankful that you guys were out of harm's way at the time.

6. I feel nowadays eveyone should have an alarm, regardless of luxury posessions...
    I've got mine several years ago, when I didn't have any designer items, but just for personal security reasons. At that time my DH traveled a lot, and I simply wasn't comfortable staying home at night by myself. Honestly, even now, when I stay by myself, I still can completely relax. My biggest fear is that someone can break in when I am at home... It's gonna take some time for security to call me, then to call police, then police to come to my house - so all that will take at least 10-15 minutes - I can be killed 100 times! I am probably crazy, I know.
    But I highly suggest anyone to get security -it's a piece of mind. Even if you live in a very good neighborhood. Friend of mine got robbed recently during the day, on Sunday! when she took her daughter for some activities. The good thing is that her good jewelry was in a bank. But she also knows they were teenagers, police never found them.
    Stay safe everyone!

7. So sorry for thinks that you had to deal whit! Hope they catch those ... :devil::devil:

8. I am so sorry and sad to hear that this happened to you. Not only is it devastating that your lovely things were taken, but the violation you must feel knowing these people went into your personal space and rifled through your belongings is awful. At least you, your husband and pets were not physically harmed.

9. ohno.. so sorry it hapened... thxs for the tips

10. I'm so sorry this happened to you...I just told my husband that maybe we should buy a safe as my collection seems to be growing at an astronomical rate, and he looked at me like I had 3 heads. Going to sit him down and make him read your thread. We have an alarm, but we never turn it on...think that's going to change :sad:.

I hope they catch those horrible kids....I can't believe the tormented your pets too....grrr....I'd like to torment them...

11. I am sorry this happened to you. I am glad that you were able to at least you bag collection wasn't touched and that you were not harmed. I really do hope they catch the kids who did this sending you family best wishes in this hard time and thanks for your tips.

12. Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that! Thankfully you and your family are ok and I hope your pets are going to be ok soon too. I can't believe what they did to your pets...what's wrong with those people?

I'm glad you still have your Chanels and I really hope they catch the thieves very soon.
    Best wishes for you and your family :hugs::flowers:!

13. This is all great advice. Once I buy a replacement digital camera (they took that too) I am going to make a catalog of all my bags and any future jewelry pieces that are $1000 or more. That is mainly what the insurance thinks is of high value. Anything under $1000 they really don't question. What's weird and how you know these were kids too is that they took perfume and makeup??? That seemed really odd to even the police. We need to find out what type of company does the safe deadbolting. Have to still do that.

14. Try to put your bags as high as possible in the closet. Mine were in their dustbags too, but you couldn't tell what they were. Plus you need a step stool to reach that high in my closet and thieves don't want to waste their time doing something like that. So I would suggest you put them out of reach in your closet and definitely get an alarm.

15. Wow Tillie, that is really scary! So glad you are okay and they didn't hurt you. xoxoxo