I was robbed. Some of my Chanel is gone forever :(

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I don't think you are paranoid. I think cameras are a great idea!

2. OP, I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. We had an attempted burglery several years ago but the thieves set off our alarm so they ran. All we had was a broken window.

When you install your alarm make sure you put the stickers on the windows. We didn't because we thought it wasn't important, but the police said they will be deterred by the stickers.

Also, have chimes installed on all doors and windows. This way if you are home and the alarm isn't set, you will know if somone is entering the house.

3. I am so sorry to hear about your loss! It is an awful feeling knowing that someone was in your home. I'm glad you didn't lose more.

4. We had a similar situation happen in our neighborhood. A series of robberies had taken place and it turned out to be some teenage kids that actually lived in the neighborhood too. Some of the burglaries even took place while the homeowners were home and sleeping (they would break in through a garage and take purses, cell phones, wallets, etc from the kitchen and then slip out again). It was a complete shock to learn that it was being done by teenagers. I'm sorry that happened to you OP.

5. I'm so sorry to hear that you had to go through this!!! :wtf: If anything, I'm glad to hear of you and your husband's safety. Stay strong and hope that they catch these felons. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us. Hope no one has to go through this horrible ordeal.

6. omg that is horrible i dont even want to imagine my chanels being taken from me,,,hopefully they catch these kids and u get ur stuff back!

7. I am so sorry to hear this!! But glad your Chanel bags are still safe!!! Yes double precaution is needed now!! Some teenagers are getting bad to worst, I have no idea how this world is becoming into.

8. bri, oh my goodness I am so sorry to hear that this happened. ::hugs you::

9. So sorry to hear. So unfortunate. Sending a ((hug)) your way!

10. Bri 333, I'm so sorry to hear this! Thank you for sharing the tips with us when talking/thinking about the situation must be so hard for you. I hope the stolen items can be recovered and the thief/thieves apprehended. My prayers are with you. And I am so happy for you that your bags are safe. :heart:

11. i'm so sorry to hear what happened to you.:sad:

i know exactly how you felt because a similar thing happened to me a few months ago and i lost some precious jewellery. from then on i kept everything in a safe deposit box at the bank - not that i have many valuables anyway after what happened, but i figured a safe in the house is not "safe" especially if you're at home and the thieves force you to open it *shiver*.

it was such a traumatic experience although i am thankful that nothing happened to me - as i am also relieved that nothing happened to you. just like what the other girls said, material things can be replaced - although it is definitely still painful knowing that some things you have emotional bond with are gone forever. please stay strong and i hope you feel better soon.

12. SHAPE OF...A BIG HUG!!! Hee-hee:P...just trying to make you smile is all. Listen wonder twin, if that bag of yours is gone, I'm willing to get any other replacement bag so long as we can still be wonder twins;):graucho:!!

And oh my! They tortured your pets too?! These kids are going straight to hell! GRRR!!! If I ever get my hands on them Ima kick their patooties till kingdom comes!

13. This is awful. Did you document yr Chanel items that was stolen? I read somewhere a PFer's home was also broken into and the robbers auctioned some of the bags on ebay. Some PFer spotted it and reported it to the police and they were later caught.

14. OMG! Bri, I am so sorry this happened to you! Thank God you and your family are safe. Items can be replaced, but you cannot. Hopefully, they'll find these people fast and return your items to you! It's sad these thieves are starting so young...they want the luxury goods without having to work for them. Hugs to you!

15. I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you :sad: I hope they catch the losers who did it