I was robbed. Some of my Chanel is gone forever :(

There is so many robberies going on it is so sad that we are trying to go to work and have to worry about someone coming in and stealing all our valuables, Again Thank You for all the tips and I hope you get back eveything that was stolen.

what a terrible experience, you poor thing. i guess the good thing was no one got hurt ><

its a shame your jewellery and shoes got stolen, but your bags are with you and your advice would make everyone more aware

have a great new year regardless!

Thank you for sharing this story on the boards. It is always good to be reminded that you need to remain vigilant against burglars. I'm sorry this violation happened to you and your family, and I'm glad no one was home at the time. Being robbed is terrible, but having people be hurt is far worse!

Aww that's so horrible! But thanks for all your tips about this! After reading this post I'm going to go remove all my Chanel dustbags from my jewelery (even though I love those little bags :sad: bummer) And also, how do you make sure they're covered by your home insurance? I was looking for info on http://www.homeinsurance.org for info about covering jewelery specifically but maybe you can tell me what type of policy you have?

Anyways, so sorry that happened to you, keep your chin up babe!

thank you for the tips, i'm so sorry this happened to you. We were robbed once and we had a security alarm - but the thieves were so fast, and stole about 75k worth of items from my parents house. It was terrible.

Thanks again for the tips and I must always think that thieves know their designer goods.

No, nothing was ever recovered. Started a new collection and am continuing to add new items :P

Wow..what a horrible thread. I'm guessing nothing was ever recovered?

If anything, your experience has taught us all something..so thank you and I hope the collection is back in action.

Thank you. It was a very traumatic experience for both of us. I cried for days afterwards. At least they didn't get my bags, thank God!!

just read this read and to the OP, im sorry for your lost. I hope that good karma has come to you and you have restarted your chanel collection.

Yes, and we live in a really good neighborhood too. The police said that the bad people come to good neighborhoods like ours to do this type of stuff.

Very sorry for you but thank you for the tips ... we so often forget the thieves' presence in our neighbourhood :cursing:

I totally agree. Be careful when throwing away your designer boxes. I keep all of mine just for that reason. I don't want anyone to know they are in the house. You have to consider that someone may go through your trash in the middle of the night. These are desparate times right now.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

I heard some safety tips on the radio I wanted to share. The police are saying not to put any empty electronics boxes to be thrown out ( like new plasma TV etc ) outside after The Holidays.

This lets thieves know that there are expensive goods inside the house.

I was just thinking this could apply to empty shopping bags/boxes that are designer as well.

Nice! I love that!! Dogs are the best alarms that's for sure. We just got a big dog last month on Thanksgiving Day so hopefully that will help too.

Sorry this happened to you! I have an excellent 'alarm' system, 3 very large dogs who let it be known they are here if anyone comes on our property...and we have a big 'BEWARE OF DOG!' sign on our fence.

Your tips are very good. Check out the show, 'To Catch a Thief' on The Discovery Channel. Home security is what their show is about and how to make yours more secure. So helpful!

Thanks!! Guard your stuff :biggrin:

I am so sorry to hear about this and it is definitely something I always worry about. Hope those thieves get caught and you can recover your things.

I did feel very violated especially with my underwear and bras thrown all over the place. It feels weird to know someone you don't know went through all your stuff.

This is awful, I hope they catch who did it. You must have felt so violated i know i would. Good tips on precautions to be taken!

Thank you. :smile:

Sorry this happened to you. Hope thatt you are feeling better now. Hopefully you were able to replace some of your items. Be Blessed.

The police thinks they were heroin addicts. There was a group of teenagers caught a month later in the town next to ours doing the same thing. They were selling the jewelry for heroin. They were all 13-17 years old. Pretty sad.

OMG that's horrible. I am so sorry. Stupid thieves!

Yes we are safe and everything is fine. I am nervous about going into January again since it happened that month last year. God help me if it happens again. At least we have an alarm now and it has gone off a couple of times by mistake and the police got here within 5 minutes. Our house is tagged in their computer system now. So they respond quicker since there was a robbery here before.

So sorry that this happened to you. Thoughts and prayers that they will recover your things and that they get caught. At least you are safe!

Just want to share my recent experience with TPFers. We were on holiday in Paris last 2 weeks and took the opportunity to shop at Rue Cambon. Bought 2 bags and 2 pairs of shoes and sadly 1 pair of shoes got stolen during our journey from the store to the hotel. It happened so fast at the train station that we didn't even realised when the shoes got stolen! There was an old lady who later told me that she saw one guy reaching in to grab the shoes from my shopping bag and ran away behind us after that. This happened on our way down to the train station while we were on the escalator! You can imagine with a few paper bags in hand, it kind of difficult for me to handle it. It happened so fast that I didn't even realized it. My advice to all, if you intend to shop in Paris or anywhere in the world and you plan to use the subway/train on the way home, please camouflage your Chanel paper bag with something else. Get a cheap paper bag to cover the original bag. It will at least chase away the attention from these bad people! It was a very expensive lesson to me :sad:

Thanks God I still have the rest, a small misfortune is better to avoid a bigger one! It could have been worse!

Yes, we weren't home when it happened. Guess that's better than having been home when the robbers came.

So sorry that happened to you and hubby, thank goodness you're both safe

Nothing was recovered and it has been almost a year now. Doubt it ever will be. I started this thread so that all my fellow TPFers could learn from my experience. I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone.

Wow..what a horrible thread. I'm guessing nothing was ever recovered?

If anything, your experience has taught us all something..so thank you and I hope the collection is back in action.

I have restarted my jewelry collection. Have bought some Chanel, Dior, David Yurman, etc... Have a ton of earrings now. So working on bracelets and rings :graucho:

just read this read and to the OP, im sorry for your lost. I hope that good karma has come to you and you have restarted your chanel collection.

Yes, it is easy to forget that even though you live in a safe and good neighborhood, that's where the thieves target the most. They don't steal from the bad areas.

Very sorry for you but thank you for the tips ... we so often forget the thieves' presence in our neighbourhood :cursing:

Dogs are the best alarm system. We just got a dog so hopefully that will help too :P

Sorry this happened to you! I have an excellent 'alarm' system, 3 very large dogs who let it be known they are here if anyone comes on our property...and we have a big 'BEWARE OF DOG!' sign on our fence.

Your tips are very good. Check out the show, 'To Catch a Thief' on The Discovery Channel. Home security is what their show is about and how to make yours more secure. So helpful!

I am so sorry to hear about this and it is definitely something I always worry about. Hope those thieves get caught and you can recover your things.

Yes, I felt totally violated. My underwear was thrown all over the floor. All of my drawers were emptied out,. You could tell they went through my stuff more than DH. It felt like they were targeting me, even though they weren't. The police said they always go after the women's stuff more than men's.

This is awful, I hope they catch who did it. You must have felt so violated i know i would. Good tips on precautions to be taken!

Sorry this happened to you. Hope thatt you are feeling better now. Hopefully you were able to replace some of your items. Be Blessed.

It is a horrible experience. Hopefully it will never happen to us again.

OMG that's horrible. I am so sorry. Stupid thieves!

Thanks. I believe in Karma. So someday they will get what's coming to them.

So sorry that this happened to you. Thoughts and prayers that they will recover your things and that they get caught. At least you are safe!

Every woman's nightmare happened to me a couple of weeks ago. While DH was at work, and I was on a business trip, a couple of teenagers broke into our home and ransacked everything. It has been quite an experience for us. Since then, we have taken many precautions to prevent a repeat robbery that I wanted to share with all of my lovely TPFers. Especially since we all love Chanel and so do burglars.

My tips to help you not go through what I have gone through:

1. Keep all of your Chanel costume jewelry that is worth $1000 or more in a safe. All of my Chanel jewelry is gone. Didn't expect something like this to happen so kept everything in my jewelry box.
2. If you don't mind keeping your Chanel costume jewelry in your jewelry box outside of its dustbag, do that. Mine was all stolen since I kept them in their little dustbags so the thieves knew it was Chanel. Believe it or not, the police said they probably wouldn't have taken them if they were not in those descriptive dustbags. He said that most people don't know what the CC's stand for. So unless Chanel is spelled out, they won't know it is Chanel.
3. Keep your Chanel bags very well hidden. The only reason why I still have my Chanel bag collection is because they were all at the very top shelf of my closet and the robbers didn't see them. All of my babies are still with me only because of that reason. The police said if they would have seen them, those would have been stolen even before my jewelry. Keep your bags that aren't being used out of plain sight. They must be hidden.
4. Keep your designer shoes in their dustbags but not in the box. The designer shoes I had in boxes got stolen, but the ones in the dustbags alone did not. They went after the Chanel and Prada shoes the most.
5. Get a safe. Keep all of your expensive jewelry in a safe. I also have my most expensive Chanel bags (exotics) in my safe now. The leather bags are staying at the top of my closet. A safe is a good way to go if you have a lot of luxury items worth more than $1000.
6. Get a home alarm system. If you have a lot of Chanel bags, shoes, jewelry, RTW, definitely do this. The police said most thiefs choose homes that do not have alarms since they want to be in and out without drawing any attention to themselves. I don't have any Chanel RTW, but the police said it is common for luxury clothes to get stolen too.
7. Be sure your homeowners policy covers all of your Chanel items. Luckily mine covers the shoes, and some jewelry taken but not all of it. If you have a big collection, be sure it is covered under your insurance. You never know if this will happen to you.

Thanks for letting me share. It has been really hard on me. I was off of TPF for a while since so much of my Chanel stuff was stolen. I will always be eternally grateful though that my bags are still with me. Please let me know if you need any additional tips.

OMG that is absolutely awful!!!! I understand what if feels like to have your treasures taken. My Omega watch was stolen from me and I still think about it from time to time. So sorry:sad:

I posted on this thread several months ago, but yesterday we had ADT security system put in our home. Unfortunately there are too many opportunistic criminals around, and although we have large dogs that alone may not discourage some criminals . The ADT system also has a fire alert which is just as important because if we are not home we want the Fire Department to show up quickly and save our fur babies at minimum! (luckily they are only 3 blocks away)