I was just wondering

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
I was checking out an email from a consignment shop and was perusing through the Chanel bags. Why is it that these used bags are going from $1600 to $3500? Does anyone have any ideas? Are they somehow inlaid with 18 k gold? If I am ignorant please explain! I just can't understand the pricing of a used Chanel bag! I always love learning something new. TIA!

No gold, but Chanel does seem to retain its value much more than most bags, especially if it is in good condition. I have seem some consignment shops online and many of their bags sell for close to retail. IMHO that is ridiculous since it is used.

I was in a consignment shop the other day and they had an LV Speedy 30 (guaranteed authentic) that was in such poor condition I would have thrown it in the garbage and they wanted $300. Chanel does seem to "hold value" even more than LV!

I guess I was wondering because I actually saw a new one in the boutique that was melt in your hands, butter soft for close to 3k. So I was trying to figure out how the consignment shops justify selling used ones at the same price. :thinking:

I found a used LV wristlet in a second hand store for $10 and bought it, the strap needs to be replaced but other than that it is in perfect condition. I can use it without a strap if I choose.

it is also possible that some of them are limited editions or seasonal bags that cannot be found in stores anymore. and even if they're used... if they're in a pretty good condition, then i think some ppl are willing to pay for the high price.