I want to "wow" my wife for x-mas

Hi everyone in purseland.

I'm looking for a bag for my wife. I'm looking to spend no more than $600 (sorry if that insults anyone, but funds are rather limited and $600 would be a splurge).

My first choice would be something in black because she only has one small bag (Cole Haan I believe) in that color. That being said, her winter coat is camel, so perhaps it is time to replace her brown Coach "Hobo" bag.

I would never try to separate my wife from her beloved Coach leather business carryall, so I think something small or mid-sized would be best. I have no idea whether a shoulder or hand-carry is acceptable.

I would owe a huge debt of gratitude to anyone who can suggest a style. I went to Bloomies last weekend, but I was not impressed with its selection in my price range.

Maybe I can return the favor? I know a lot of excellent, obscure music.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Do you know what other brands she likes? How about a Louis Vuitton Speedy 25? I believe their current retail price is $575. It's not black, but it is a classic she would keep for years. I personally have had my Speedy for almost 19 years now.

I would say check out some brands like Rebecca Minkoff (who is having a sample sale right now), kooba, gryson, and botkier. They are cheaper but still well made bags. This way maybe you could get a better idea of what you like.

Also there are a lot places that sell bags and have codes so you can get a discount so if you find something you like thats a little out of your price range changes are someone can find a place for you to get it at a discount.

Do you know what other brands she likes? How about a Louis Vuitton Speedy 25? I believe their current retail price is $575. It's not black, but it is a classic she would keep for years. I personally have had my Speedy for almost 19 years now.
$595 now.

In that price range: Anna Corrinna City Tote!

I would say check out some brands like Rebecca Minkoff (who is having a sample sale right now), kooba, gryson, and botkier. They are cheaper but still well made bags. This way maybe you could get a better idea of what you like.

Also there are a lot places that sell bags and have codes so you can get a discount so if you find something you like thats a little out of your price range changes are someone can find a place for you to get it at a discount.

I forgot to mention they all have their own websites that you can browse.

I echo the LV speedy suggestion...It's timeless and a true classic...plus the colours are super versatile and it's not a seasonal bag. She will be able to use it in all four seasons for years to come...AND it looks fabulous all boxed up with a bow ;)

I think the cole haan although wonderful in it's own right...is a little to trendy...meaning it's probably not a viable option for long term use...just my opinion though...

How about a Belen Echandia bag? Go to the website and a black bag can be ordered and customized. They are handmade and look very nice. If she likes Coach, I would suggest the Bleeker Shopper in black leather.