I want to start curling my hair, its sooooo straight its boring! Help!?

USE HOT ROLLERS!!

I swear by them. My hairdressor showed me the right way/ kind. I have long long hair and curls are too heavy to hold unless I blow dry or just have dry hair, then leave them up in the ion ceramic rollers while I do make-up. They fall is lovely loose waves that hold much better than a hand held iron.

I once skipped from one hotel floor to another when I was modeling at an event to get the the other girls room while we were changing (our outlets were all being used!) still wearing the hot rollers and the older ladies in the elevator just smiled and said "I used to do that"

I smiled all night thinking about that. :cutesy:

Every head is different, but generally speaking, if your heritage includes Asia and/or Indigenous America (which would include a hefty chunk of Latin Americans, especially those from Meso-America), it may be that your hair is not going to hold a lot of curl without a chemical process, just as people with African heritage may face the opposite challenge when they want straight hair!

No matter where your ancestors came from, before getting any sort of chemical curling or straightening process done to your hair, get at least two opinions from experienced hairstylists, especially your own, who already knows a bit about your hair.

Some people will do fine with perms and straightenings, and other people will end up with damaged hair, and even a pro won't be able to give you a guarantee, but she will be able to give you an educated opinion.

In fact, I would be wary of any salon into which you could just walk in and say that you wanted such a thing and get it, without having an extensive examination and consultation first, to determine whether you are a good candidate for it!

And before you make the leap, even if you get the go-ahead from the pros, try on some wigs to make sure you like the way curls look on you!