Food I want to purchase a great wok..any ideas?

klj

O.G.
Jul 27, 2009
I've been thinking about getting a wok but not sure which to get.
I know there are non-stick one's and I'm curious about the stainless and the carbon steel(these are really inexpensive and on alot of wok sites).. that you need to season...does anyone have a good one to recommend?

Thanks!:flowers:

Last edited:
I bought a regular carbon steel and seasoned it, not bad... it gets better with use. Don't wash it and while seasoning ventilate well. Do it more than once too. If the handle isn't wood you could probably do it in the oven.

how do you keep it clean if you don't wash it? just wipe it out with a paper towel or something?

i bought one for under $10 a few months ago. havent' used it yet, but i'm sure it will work just as well!

the one I have is stainless steel.. it's a 40cm wok made by Meyer. I opt out of buying non-stick because I don't want the coating to get scratched off with a spatula making the wok have shorter life.

when I bought mine, I took into consideration the shape (flat bottom vs. rounded bottom for gas range), the diameter of the top and bottom, depth, and material.

I bought the wok in Hong Kong for about $80 on sale from $300. Most quality woks you find may range from the $150-400 range but it will surely last a very long time.

how do you keep it clean if you don't wash it? just wipe it out with a paper towel or something?

i bought one for under $10 a few months ago. havent' used it yet, but i'm sure it will work just as well!

You can run it under water quickly, and wipe it down with a paper towel but no soap or scrubbing.. then just add a dab of oil and coat the inside using a paper towel before storage.