I want to get my Rhino in Nov or by the end of the year. Who’s going to Korea soon?

MariGold360

Sep 11, 2020
Im still in my research phase but want to get my nose done before the end of the year but preferably in Nov. I know too soon but I’ve been wanted it done for a looong time. I was planning to have it done back in 2017 but life happened and it got put off. Tried again early this year but COVID hit. Now, I feel like it’s the best time because I am teleworking and no one would see me with a bruised swollen face. I’ll recover at home and don’t have to take extra off days.

I want to go between November-December, or even January. But Korea has a 2-week quarantine requirement so I'm undecided. Are you staying for 3 weeks then?
Yeah I see they have 2 weeks quarantine. I would stay a month if needed. 2weeks quarantine + 2 weeks recovery. We don’t know when their mandatory quarantine will be lifted. I just think it’s the best time to go with the cold weather coming soon and folks are still teleworking where I live.

Who did you choose as your surgeon and did you book with a medical tourism agency such as DocFinder Korea? Also how long are u planning to stay?
I have consultations planned with The Face Dental, EU, and Ill try to schedule maybe 2 more. I'm doing it myself. Since Ill already have to pay an extra $1400-$2100 for the quarantine. Why pay even more for a middle man?

I have consultations planned with The Face Dental, EU, and Ill try to schedule maybe 2 more. I'm doing it myself. Since Ill already have to pay an extra $1400-$2100 for the quarantine. Why pay even more for a middle man?
DocFinder Korea covers your quarantine fee if your procedures hit a certain amount. I attached a screen shot of the info.

3E918DF1-3439-4327-B1AC-26B186CAC588.jpeg

DocFinder Korea covers your quarantine fee if your procedures hit a certain amount. I attached a screen shot of the info.

View attachment 4846099
I would personally not go with a plastic surgery traveling agency. There has been iffy reviews about Docfinderkorea and SeoulGuideMedical. Plus, they overcharge and only point foreigners to large/factory-like clinics that have been blacklisted. I reached out to both agencies - and after communicating for a while, I decided not to go with them.

I would personally not go with a plastic surgery traveling agency. There has been iffy reviews about Docfinderkorea and SeoulGuideMedical. Plus, they overcharge and only point foreigners to large/factory-like clinics that have been blacklisted. I reached out to both agencies - and after communicating for a while, I decided not to go with them.
I saw the blacklisted places but that was posted back in 2018. Do you know of a more recent list? And do you have a list of places that aren’t factory like? It’s hard to search for the places the locals go to when majority of the things I’ve been finding reviews online are those factory like clinics.

I saw the blacklisted places but that was posted back in 2018. Do you know of a more recent list? And do you have a list of places that aren’t factory like? It’s hard to search for the places the locals go to when majority of the things I’ve been finding reviews online are those factory like clinics.
I mean if a scandal has happened at that clinic, I would never go there even in a million years. Just because it is in 2018 doesn't mean it's safe now... I would hate to go to a clinic where someone has, for example, died due to careless doctors. Here is another recent thread: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/korean-plastic-surgery-clinics-to-avoid-w-evidence.1025176/

The list is almost the same as the one from 2018. And this thread is 2020.
I recommend you to look for smaller clinics. It takes deep searching but you will find some. I recommend reading many threads (& reviews), looking at vlogs, looking at videos, doing online consults, etc. Some I've found that I like so far are: Uvom, Nana, Hanabi

Reactions: Uneeji Jin
I mean if a scandal has happened at that clinic, I would never go there even in a million years. Just because it is in 2018 doesn't mean it's safe now... I would hate to go to a clinic where someone has, for example, died due to careless doctors. Here is another recent thread: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/korean-plastic-surgery-clinics-to-avoid-w-evidence.1025176/

The list is almost the same as the one from 2018. And this thread is 2020.
I recommend you to look for smaller clinics. It takes deep searching but you will find some. I recommend reading many threads (& reviews), looking at vlogs, looking at videos, doing online consults, etc. Some I've found that I like so far are: Uvom, Nana, Hanabi
You’re right I could agree more. Thanks for the most recent list. View is one of my top choices. It says they leaked patients info. Should I still consider them since it’s noting to do with their surgeons. I’m having a hard time looking for other places. I also had Banobagi on the list. I looked at Nana but I Need more information other then their website and their YouTube channel. I feel like it’s not enough data for me to put them on my list. I couldn’t find noses that resembles mine that they have worked on. I have a flat nose with a boulous tip and a low bridge.

Reactions: Horimiya
You’re right I could agree more. Thanks for the most recent list. View is one of my top choices. It says they leaked patients info. Should I still consider them since it’s noting to do with their surgeons. I’m having a hard time looking for other places. I also had Banobagi on the list. I looked at Nana but I Need more information other then their website and their YouTube channel. I feel like it’s not enough data for me to put them on my list. I couldn’t find noses that resembles mine that they have worked on. I have a flat nose with a boulous tip and a low bridge.
Honestly it is up to you and your comfortability with any clinic you choose. Personally if I don't feel 100% with the clinic, they're off my list.

But I have the same nose! :smile: Bulbous and wide. And that is my concern for every clinic I look at too. I try to look at before/after photos to see their skill on bulbous noses. I actually contacted Nana clinic on Whatsapp for more information and a consultation. They're thorough and nice. I look at threads on here and I use babitalk for other before/after photos for any clinic. Their youtube also has a lot of live surgeries and before/after pictures.

Heya, I'm also interested in going to KR but again, hesitating due to 2 week quarantine but I don't see any way around it unfortunately. :sad: What country are you traveling from? I'm from the US.

Do you know how they handle things like meals? Do you just order from the hotel they assign you or do you get daily meal delivery? (I'm a picky eater)

Also like you, I don't plan on going with any Med Travel services.... unecessary commissions/middleman and you never know what they'll add on sell :cursing:

Reactions: highbutterfly
I have been talking to Doc finder, it seems like most people want go on their own, which I would really love to do but I am extremely scared as I have not traveled alone before. I would love for a friend to talk to about this or go on the trip with.:sad: