I Want to Adopt a Dog but...

gosh please update us as soon as you get the news! Hopefully he is not the dog with the medical condition. He really is soo adorable! Yeah in a situation like that with your other darling home alone.. it would be great to have another dog int he house. Goodluck!!!I hope it all works out!!

I hope you get Scooter - he's sooo cute!

I have two terriers and they do keep one another company when we aren't around. In fact, if I take one somewhere and not the other, I get "the look" when I get back home, despite the fact that the dog left home had people to hang out with. They're still too young to try and handle two at once in a public setting and still get anything done (just over a year old, and energetic dogs).

Hopefully the medical condition could turn out to be something that can be lived with. One of mine has a heart murmur. That's a serious thing, there's nothing to be done for it - and the breeder disclosed it before I got him so I knew and didn't care (I was already attached). A previous dog also had a murmur and he lived a long and healthy life until he was nearly 17 years old.

I hope you get Scooter - he's sooo cute!

Turns out that the shelter does not want to adopt him out to a working family, because not only does he have a leg deformity that makes it hard for him to move around but he has severe separation anxiety, so he would have a hard time being alone all day. So our application for him wasn't approved, but the shelter is going to keep our application on hold for any other dogs, if we're interested. I hope poor Scooter gets a family soon.

But...my DH, dog, and I are going to the shelter this weekend to see if any of the other dogs would be a suitable adoption. I have a feeling I'll be posting pictures after the weekend is up...